PDA

View Full Version : No signal on HDMI

beson
23-09-11, 11:29
Sometimes when I'm booting from deep standby I get "no signal" from HDMI, and I have to reboot.
Somtimes I must reboot 2 or 3 times.
When booting fails I always get the bootloader logo, but not the VIX logo.
I have two ET9000 boxes, and one of them has the last bootloader, and the second box has an older bootloader.
I'm using VIX 2.2.100 on both boxes, and the failing boot process happens on both boxes sometimes.
I can see in webif that oscam is up and running, but the signal from HDMI seems to be missing.

beson

silverfox0786
23-09-11, 15:59
its the type of signal your TV HDMI is sending out mate

some TV's are funny with half boots

Like a PC connected to HDMI

Sleep mode wont always bring TV back on but a reboot will

beson
23-09-11, 17:28
Ok, then I know the reason why it happens.
I have one box connected to a LG lcd TV, and the other box is connected to a Optoma HD projector.
And as it happens on both boxes, I thought it was some SW or HW failure.
It's not a big problem, at least not for me, but my wife is complainig when things not work properly.
But women are like that. We (men) have to accept that.
Most time boxes are in soft standby, and it's only now in summertime I disconnect them, when there is a risk for thunderstorms.

beson

MrKappa
26-09-11, 18:02
I have to report similar issue with ET9000 connected to Philips Lcd through HDMI. Sometime after power on I have no signal then I power off and on again the lcd and I get the video but not the audio.
This is very annoying because the only solution I know is to power off completely the lcd and the receiver and then unplug the power for some seconds and then power on again and most of the time I get back audio and video.

pooface
26-09-11, 19:17
Are u both using vix image? As I never seen any such issues myself. If u have another hdmi cable, might be worth changing ... see if makes a difference?!

Sent with Tapatalk

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 19:19
I have 2 philips TVA and a beko with philips hardware an not had the issue you explain

I think it's yr tv wen it sends the signal

As it dies on mine with a pc connected yo hdmi

Sleep mode won't bring back screen but a full a full restart will

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

MrKappa
26-09-11, 19:21
I use OpenPLI now. I will try to change the cable as you suggest.

beson
26-09-11, 19:40
During the last three days I have done many powerons and poweroffs with both boxes. (For testing)
And not one single time the booting has failed. Strange?

I remember a week ago that the sound was missing after a reboot.
I made a new reboot, and got nor picture or sound. I had to reboot three more times to get it working ok.
The day after it was the same, no picture or sound. Only one reboot was enough that time to get it working.
After that it has worked ok.

I have earlier for a couple of years been using ipboxes (ipbox 9000HD and 910HD) connected with HDMI to the same TV
and projector, but I never saw a behaviour like this with failing bootings.

beson

pooface
26-09-11, 19:51
beson, was this with the vix image? Also, what plugins did you have installed extra to the normal image?!

beson
26-09-11, 20:51
Yes it is with VIX 2.2.100.
I think, as I remember now, the only extra plugin installed is dvdplayer.
I'm also using crossepg downloader.

beson