PDA

View Full Version : User defined LOF is not working

parkher
22-09-11, 19:05
I need to use a LNB with a single 10.75 GHz local oscillator.

I have no problems with Vu+ (with an older Open PLi image).
No problems with Octagon either.
Just enter LOF value 10750 in the user defined lnb mode, and it is working.

However, with ET-9000 and the current VIX image I get nothing.
So I had to use a work-around: with the universal lnb settings, but reducing the transponder frequencies by 0.150 GHz (10.75-10.6).
This is not as convenient as setting up user defined LOF values, though.

When I get around to it, I will flush the same VIX image to Vu+ and see if user defined LOFs are working then.
Unless somebody already knows?

BTW, I don't see any message or a satellite dish drawing on the screen while rotating the dish with ET9000/VIX (something about it enabled in settings).
Maybe something is blinking on the status bar, but it disappears anyway.
And no time to turn the dish is given: error messages "no signal" and "sid not found in pat" or similar show up while rotating the dish - I had to turn them off in settings.

BTW #2, the VIX "Loading" screen is not changed to something else like "Ready" when the loading is completed. Usually a satellite channel appears, but not always. Good luck waiting until "loading" ends....

parkher
22-09-11, 19:41
Interesting, no "Edit" button.
Anyway, another suspicious off-topic thing: AGC value is always 0, not hooked up?
Come to think of it, I have never seen BER other than 0 as well - which is great :)

P.S.
Turns out, "Edit" button appeared for the 2nd post, but not for the 1st one.

parkher
22-09-11, 23:09
Edit button gone again.

Things are more complicated, of course - at the lower frequency range, you have to subtract 1 GHz, not 0.150 GHz (10.75-9.75)

Anyway, both range ends scanned successfully, not out of range. Now only the switch point causes some interest. Still to do. Might get some frequencies both ways, not zero ways, I hope.

I think I will add recalculated frequencies to satellites.xml.
And maybe I will make one fake satellite also with inverted circular polarizations (for the dish with the 2nd reflector).
That way the whole satellite can be scanned.
I tried the blind scan instead of calculations - had an opportunity to enjoy the green screen :(

parkher
23-09-11, 02:32
Turns out, treating 10.75 lnb as 9.75 has two advantages over 10.6:
1. it covers the frequencies of all transponders, while 10.6 does not reach the lowest ones.
2. it is much easier to subtract 1 from the original frequency than 150.
For example:
12.437 GHz - 1 GHz = 11.437 GHz
12.437 GHz - 0.15 GHz = 12.287 GHz

When scanning, both give exactly the same channels, but it is much easier to calculate the first one.

Still, the original issue here is that ET-9000 with VIX image does not handle user defined LFOs correctly.

Rob van der Does
26-09-11, 07:20
We are trying to look into this. But as you apparently are an expert: could you please have a look if all this does work when using PLi 2.1?