PDA

View Full Version : fast forward recordings?

krazylegz
22-09-11, 14:43
Is it possible to fast forward recordings on the HDD?

when i'm trying i'm getting the circle with a line symbol up the top right corner?

cheers

krazylegz
22-09-11, 14:57
scrap that just tried another recording and this one does work..... strange but oh well lol

im85288
22-09-11, 15:27
If your using the standard Media Player I found it very frustrating. Try and install the enhanced movie centre plugin from the plugins section, it really makes the experience of playing back recordings far smoother. In addition it organises your recordings in a more sensible way, so you get more of a series link view that was present on the sky boxes rather than an unfriendly file system view.

krazylegz
04-10-11, 14:35
Where is the enhanced media centre plugin bud? Tried searching the plugins but cant find it??

im85288
04-10-11, 19:47
Where is the enhanced media centre plugin bud? Tried searching the plugins but cant find it??

Sorry it's called Enhanced Movie Centre, here's the link: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10628-Enhanced-Movie-Center-(EMC)-V.2.0.2-by-Coolman-amp-Swiss-MAD

krazylegz
11-10-11, 10:46
when it gets uploaded to /tmp it doesn't show in the ipk installer menu bud :(

im85288
11-10-11, 13:37
when it gets uploaded to /tmp it doesn't show in the ipk installer menu bud :(

You need to download the version at the bottom of the page, the one at the top was not named correctly

krazylegz
11-10-11, 16:46
Yip that one worked great and you're not wrong, a 100% improvement for viewing recorded files :)

Rimmel
14-10-11, 14:46
Many file types are listed and played with appropriate hardware: Video:. "ts" [,. "avi" "divx". ". f4v", ". flv", ". img", ". iso", ". m2ts". "m4v", ". mkv", ". mov", ". mp4", ". mpeg" ,,, "vob".] "mpg". "mts."

When trying to play an iso file it complains that I do not have a dvd player installed. :(

g-man
14-10-11, 23:34
I also find problems fast forwarding recordings unless I set to 64x, it doesn't go any faster than 1x. Anyone else seen that?

What would be good is to set a FF speed and then when you press the right arrow it would go at that speed but when you remove the button it goes back to play mode. Just got used to that on PlayTV.

Rob van der Does
15-10-11, 07:04
When trying to play an iso file it complains that I do not have a dvd player installed. :(
Which is easily done via applications --> Green --> Extensions --> DVDPlayer (don't forget to restart when done).
From now on all ISO-files and TS-folders can be played from the default movielist.

Rimmel
15-10-11, 18:50
Which is easily done via applications --> Green --> Extensions --> DVDPlayer (don't forget to restart when done).
From now on all ISO-files and TS-folders can be played from the default movielist.

Already got the DVDplayer installed - EMC still complains.

Rob van der Does
15-10-11, 20:27
Already got the DVDplayer installed - EMC still complains.
Hehe, don't use EMC. After all: what does it add? Just use the playlist for all playback.

Rimmel
16-10-11, 17:52
Hehe, don't use EMC. After all: what does it add? .

Better loooking cleaner interface
Better media compatability
More media types can be played
Doesn't crash like the standard media player
TV mini window so you can still see TV whilst searching media

Does anyone know where the settings files are stored for EMC on the box? e.g /usr/share

thanks

Rob van der Does
16-10-11, 21:20
Better loooking cleaner interface
Better media compatability
More media types can be played
Doesn't crash like the standard media player
TV mini window so you can still see TV whilst searching media
Ahhh, you should't use the mediaplayer at all: just use the movielist, it has all the needed functionality, even preview!
And the "little window" is also in there (depending onb th skin used, try Magic-HD).

The MediaPlayer is just a GUI, and hasn't been updated for years. EMC is also just a GUI, not adding enhanced playback.

Rimmel
17-10-11, 12:34
Ahhh, you should't use the mediaplayer at all: just use the movielist, it has all the needed functionality, even preview!
And the "little window" is also in there (depending onb th skin used, try Magic-HD).

The MediaPlayer is just a GUI, and hasn't been updated for years. EMC is also just a GUI, not adding enhanced playback.

Really - that dooes surprise me as i have a couple mkv's that won't play in the standard player but do in the EMC. /strange

Rimmel
17-10-11, 12:35

Really - that dooes surprise me as i have a couple mkv's that won't play in the standard player but do in the EMC. /strange

************************** Sorry dont know why this double posted