PDA

View Full Version : Gemini 4.70

Stanman
27-06-10, 21:55
I believe my DM is genuine, as MAC starts 093. I had PLI jade installed but the authenticity HTTP test did not work.

Is there anyway of know for certain it is genuine as I want to install Gemini 4.70 on it

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1048-The-Gemini-Project-4.70-DM7020

Retired member
27-06-10, 22:08
The only way for sure is the authenticity test, when you say it didn't work, what did it do or not do? The only other ways are knowing where it was purchased or the price, that's often a good indication. Lots of clones/fakes also have a cloned MAC address so that's not really an indicator either way.

Sicilian
28-06-10, 04:59
You could email DMM with your MAC and serial number, they will confirm 100%.

Stanman
28-06-10, 17:26
The only way for sure is the authenticity test, when you say it didn't work, what did it do or not do? The only other ways are knowing where it was purchased or the price, that's often a good indication. Lots of clones/fakes also have a cloned MAC address so that's not really an indicator either way.

In the web browser there was a link to the test and when i click on it it failed to connect gave a http error.

Retired member
28-06-10, 17:53
Download the Authenticity test via the software plugins, this will generate you a verification code, then visit this page to enter the code:

https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test

Hopefully this will confirm one way or another.

Stanman
29-06-10, 20:34
I've searched and could not find an authencity plugin - running PLI jade Green.

I downloaded the dreambrowser and when I click on the authencity test it fails saying the browser does not support / have SSL?

paul362
30-06-10, 16:40
Can you post some piccy's of the box inside and out ? then i can have a little looky and advise you.

Also you can normally tell by the screws on the rear of the box (im sure DM use course threaded) self tapper type screws and the clones usually have silver fine threaded screws.

Stanman
30-06-10, 20:03
here some pics

Stanman
30-06-10, 20:08
some more pics

Sicilian
01-07-10, 05:44
Where did you purchase this? PM me the retailers name.

If you purchased recently I think its a clone. I'm pretty sure the last 7020's had a release button in the CI slot. Going by the photo of the inside of the CI slot I dont believe yours has this button.

paul362
01-07-10, 07:48
Thanks for the pic's as Sic said above if you purchased it new very recently chances are its a clone, as far as the pictures go the screws look original BUT the casing looks like it has a MAT Finnish ? Did it have any clear plastic stuck on the cover and the bottom when you got it ? if so it is a Clone if Not im stumped for the minute.

Stanman
01-07-10, 20:17
I bought it 2nd hand of another forum before I bought the Vu+.

Stanman
02-07-10, 20:16
Still no reply from DM but found these pics on there wiki and one of the chips is exactly the same name, as is the layout.