PDA

View Full Version : Weird ET9000 Remote behaviour

pooface
21-09-11, 21:46
OK, having a strange one with my ET9000 remote.

Now, I have an iPod Touch 32gb 4th Gen, along with a Phillips DS8500 speaker dock.

Randomly, whenever I issue a command on the ET9000 remote when the iPod is docked, I have volume commands being sent to the iPod, so it does a beep sound. Sending the same command a few times does nothing to alter this behaviour. However, I have a Logitech Harmony 525 remote control, which I have programmed the ET9000 remote in to, and using this remote, have not once had this same problem. As soon as a I start to use the ET9000 remote, within a few button presses it starts doing it... Gets very annoying.

Sent Phillips an email, and their response was:

It would see that the remote control has similar IR coding to the docking station/ipod. It is not possible to change the IR coding on the docking station.

This may be possible on the satellite boxes remote but you will need to check with the manufacturer.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can suggest that would stop this from happening.

Not the response I was hoping for. So, has anyone any further ideas?! Do I try contact Xtrend/Clarketech, or is there something anyone else can think of (short of throwing the iPod/dock out the window :p).

Just find it really strange that the 525 doesn't cause the same problems :confused:

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 23:10
funny you say that

the vu remote and et remote i get a similar problem

i got wall fans i got from pakistan that are controlled by remote and when ever i change channel or any thing dont matter what button i press the fan goes on

its fooking annoying but nothing that can be done for it

pooface
22-09-11, 07:34
funny you say that

the vu remote and et remote i get a similar problem

i got wall fans i got from pakistan that are controlled by remote and when ever i change channel or any thing dont matter what button i press the fan goes on

its fooking annoying but nothing that can be done for it

You mean those beasts! They're brill fans they were!

Have u tried ur logitech remotes? Do they do the same sorta thing, or like mine, just control the sat boxes?!

Not got the uno remote, so can't really say whether that affects it, but the duo does not!?

Sent with Tapatalk

silverfox0786
22-09-11, 13:19
Yeah mate those beasts lol happens on all 3 fans

The Logotech harmony works fine it doesn't control the fans just the duo UNO and ET remotes

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

pooface
22-09-11, 13:21
Yeah mate those beasts lol happens on all 3 fans

The Logotech harmony works fine it doesn't control the fans just the duo UNO and ET remotes

Hmmm, so your duo remote does it also then? My duo doesn't seem to affect it :confused:

silverfox0786
22-09-11, 13:37
Yeah I get it from all remotes don't matter which one

Only the harmony is ok

bobonthejob
22-09-11, 15:28
you guys are giving me jokes man...fans turning on, sounds systems playing up... lol...

ok...can be weird and fun at first but annoying too...id be pullling my hair out...covering IR's with duct tape..

silverfox0786
22-09-11, 16:02
...id be pullling my hair out...covering IR's with duct tape..

that's why yr called bob on the job