PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Uno FTP aproach of box with WinXP

Ezee
21-09-11, 21:35
Having read the tutorial of PUNISHER about installing cccam I was wondering if there is need to use the freeware FTP programs to approach the boxes flash memory as I am normally able to approach it as a network drive in WinXp. Or is this just possible because I am still running on the factory Image...?...
Further on I would like to know if there is anything to read about how to tweak cccam? I guess that the installation is the easy stuff

Larry-G
21-09-11, 21:42
as was said in a post about this yesterday it is possible to use windows explorer to copy the files to and from the flash memory of the receiver but many like my self choose to use a dedicated FTP program. that said i'm the opposite when it comes to telnet i use the inbuilt windows telnet client rather than a third party application such as putty.

Ezee
21-09-11, 21:57
Ok so as I now understand what you use is purely a choice to be made and not mandatory for the installation to be successful.

And what about the tweaking of cccam? I imaging that the installed program is not coming with a "read me" file with instruction to set it to do the job for you as you prefer, especially a newbie like me is oblivious of what and how to set it after the installation. And it being all LINUX based is making the structure of the files and behavior of the software not exactly transparent for a notorious Windows victim. Reading all the messages on this forum I Meany times blink my eyes few times because the terminology is totally illogical to a non-LINUX user....

punisher
21-09-11, 21:57
I use both, ive got a network drive on windows7 pointing at et9000 hdd and root folders and i also use an ftp program. Either way works, ur choice

Larry-G
21-09-11, 21:58
all of the tweaking as you call it in CCcam goes on in the CCcam.cfg file. you can either use windows notepad or better use the freeware program notepad++

Ezee
21-09-11, 22:11
Maybe I am unclear in forming my question, I will try again; where can I find documentation (read manual) on how to set CCcam? Or is it PP software?