PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 & Media PC

coleycoleycoley
19-09-11, 19:03
Hi and I hope someone can help me quest.

I own an ET9000 connected to a TM2600 with a single LNB. Currently, I'm using the loopthrough cable to connect A to B.

I would like to add a media PC with a HD satellite tuner card.

Question 1: Any recommendations on which card to buy?
Question 2: How do I connect my ET9000 and satellite tuner card for both of them to drive the dish if it's at all possible.

Thanks

Coley

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:06
2. you really dont want any more than one device driving a motor as it will cause damage to the motor. you can have a second feed from a twin or quad lnb directly to the tuner card but not to the motor if your also using a receiver.

coleycoleycoley
19-09-11, 19:13
Pheonix,

I'm i right in assuming that it would be a case of moving the cable between the ET9000 & PC to make it work?

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:16
again this is not the right solution as every time you moved the coax from one device to another it would confuse the motor. if you want to go this route you are best using two dishes each with a motor or a multifeed lnb with one feed directly to the receiver to drive the motor and another to the tuner card that bypasses the motor otherwise you will physically damage the motor.

coleycoleycoley
19-09-11, 19:19
Much appreciated Pheonix! Thanks for your advice!

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:23
no worries, if some one else knows of a better solution i'm more than certain they will reply and offer assistance, but as far as i have always known trying to drive a single motor from multiple sources can and will result in a speedy death to the motor and possibly feedback to the equipment connected to the motor.

basilyoung
19-09-11, 19:39
also, you would need to shut down the recievers, before removing the coax cable, or you would be risking a short, which could bow your tuners

as surgested, a quad or quattro lng is the real solution

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:48
also, you would need to shut down the recievers, before removing the coax cable, or you would be risking a short, which could bow your tuners

as surgested, a quad or quattro lng is the real solution

yes a very vaild and often over looked point. you should always turn off your receivers when removing or attaching the lnb feed to prevent damaging your expensive satellite equipment an motor / lnb.

coleycoleycoley
19-09-11, 20:11
Pheonix,

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but I just want to check I'm getting this 100% right.

If I don't want to go through the second dish route, I could change my current single lnb for a twin, run 1 feed to the receiver driving the motor and the other feed to the tuner card? Or have I got it totally wrong and now look foolish?

basilyoung
19-09-11, 20:14
thats correct

but if replaceing the lnb,..your best option is a quad, that way your duo can have a motor feed, and a static feed, your other tuner can also have a feed, with a spare feed available if needed in the future

Larry-G
19-09-11, 20:16
no your not wrong thats way to do it, one feed comes from the lnb through the motor to the receiver, this drives the motor, the other goes strait from the lnb to the tuner card bypassing the motor all together. but of course you would be limited to watching channels on the pc tuner that your dish is currently pointing at unless you use the receiver to move the motor.

coleycoleycoley
19-09-11, 22:19
Thanks for all your help.

Now I must decide on an excellent quality lnb and tuner card.

Any recommendations are very welcome.

Once again....Thanks :-)

silverfox0786
19-09-11, 22:22
go for an inverto black ultra

slasher71
19-09-11, 22:56
Thanks for all your help.

Now I must decide on an excellent quality lnb and tuner card.

Any recommendations are very welcome.

Once again....Thanks :-)

I have the TBS-6981 DVB-S2 PCI-E card works fine no problems with quality just make sure you test it with plenty of software to find one that suits you best as some of the software work better than others

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/6981.html

coleycoleycoley
28-09-11, 12:15
Hey Slasher!

What software do you use with that card? Do you recommend any?

Thanks!

machare
29-09-11, 23:04
I have a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card. It does Diseqc 1.0 but not 1.2

Windows Media Centre on W7 normally works OK, but is not very flexible.

DVBviewer is much more flexible. It will work in client server mode, so that I can use a laptop to select an view a programme being received by the card in my desktop PC.