PDA

View Full Version : Picons and Boquet

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 14:59
Hi each

I have the picons in a folder called picon on a USB stick and on my PC

Exactly in what directory on the VU+DUO do I FTP this folder into.

I moved the sgtflipflops boquets and they worked ok but no sign of the picons !!

I am clearly doing something wrong

cheers

Stanman
19-09-11, 18:13
Hav you mounted your USB stick?
Blue button>vix>mount manager and than green button if the usb stick is not mounted as USB use < > button to change it to USB and reboot.

Should automatically detect the picons as long as the folder is in the root of the USB and called picon.

Another reason why they may not be showing is if the service reference are different from your channels.

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 19:09
OK Blue Button/vix/mount manager/

shows USB:USB SD Reader
Mount/media/usb

does this mean it is mounted ? or should I now press green ...setup mounts?

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:12
Does it auto detect then transfer/upload them ? I am sure you don't need to leave the USB pluged in !:confused:

the picons stay on the usb stick so it must always be plugged in for them to work from that location, unless you transfer them directly to either the receivers internal flash memory ( not recomended ) or a internal / external mounted HDD which again must always be plugged in.

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 19:39
OK so in what directory do I put them on my internal HDD. Thanks

punisher
19-09-11, 19:48
On the root of the hdd or if you are doing it via ftp then it needs to be media/hdd/picon. There are tutorials which i hve done that show u exactly what you are after. Just do a searh

Larry-G
19-09-11, 19:50
just to note though, your HDD will spin up every time you change a channel as it looks for the corresponding picon on the HDD.

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 20:10
just to note though, your HDD will spin up every time you change a channel as it looks for the corresponding picon on the HDD.

Should that concern me ? If so why ? Thanks.

Larry-G
19-09-11, 20:12
no real concern other than the sound of a HDD spinning up every time you change a channel can and does rather annoy most people when watching tv. most of us would always recommend you plug in a usb stick into the rear of the box and leave it there for picons / and epg data etc. i also use mine to store daily image and settings backups.

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 20:16
There are tutorials which i hve done that show u exactly what you are after. Just do a searh

Tried searching but difficult to find, returns pages on the subject. Any chance of a hyperlink ?

Nalareddep
19-09-11, 20:22
Hi Pheonix

Just one last question of acedemic interest only.

How does the system know where the picons are located ?

Larry-G
19-09-11, 20:25
it's coded into the image to look into the following folders

media/usb/picon
media/hdd/picon
media/flash/picon

maybe not those exact names as i'm at work and ni access tot a receiver to check but that looks about rite.

Rob van der Does
19-09-11, 21:24
On the root of the hdd or if you are doing it via ftp then it needs to be media/hdd/picon.

Should that concern me ? If so why ?
It should concern you as spinning up the HDD will slow down zapping-time

Stanman
19-09-11, 21:28
Tried searching but difficult to find, returns pages on the subject. Any chance of a hyperlink ?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9736-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX