PDA

View Full Version : What happens if I use a Sky-Card?

Nalareddep
18-09-11, 12:56
I put my Sky Card from my Sky HD+ box into my VU+Duo box?

Would I just get the non subscription channels as the card is linked to the sky box in some way (I think)

Larry-G
18-09-11, 12:59
nothing would happen unless you also installed a suitable softcam and configured it to read the card. as the receiver would not know what to do with it otherwise.

Nalareddep
18-09-11, 13:15
and a softcam is ? Hardware, software ?

Larry-G
18-09-11, 13:17
a softcam is a software based emulation of a CAM ( conditional access module ). these allow your receiver to decode the card of various encryptions however due to their other more dubious uses we cant go too deeply into the exact workings.

for sky uk you can use several different softcams such as CCcam or oscam just to name two.

Nalareddep
18-09-11, 13:30
OK So with a CCcam software emulator installed in my VU+DUO my sky card would operate as if in my SKY box?

Larry-G
18-09-11, 13:32
with the cam installed and properly configured yes you would be able to view your sky subscription channels on the DUO.

Stanman
18-09-11, 13:48
Have a read of the forum and please stick to the rules as Pehoinix has stated

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

g0ejl
19-09-11, 15:17
nothing would happen unless you also installed a suitable softcam and configured it to read the card. as the receiver would not know what to do with it otherwise.

why don`t you tell him what to do to get his card working instead of trying to act clever.

Larry-G
19-09-11, 16:11
why don`t you tell him what to do to get his card working instead of trying to act clever.

and how do you think i am acting clever ?.

the question was and i quote

What happens if I use a Sky-Card?

Would I just get the non subscription channels as the card is linked to the sky box in some way (I think)

my answer was clear, concise and to the point. i my not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to softcams as i dont tend to use them but there are tens of dozens of threads on this forum giving clear instructions on how to get a sky card working on enigma 1 and 2 based receivers.
Then we have post number 7 by stanman directing the OP to a thread that deals with how to do just that.

so i would say to you keep your smart comments to your self unless you have any thing constructive to say.

copex
19-09-11, 18:36

i have the ET5000 this is how i got it to read my sky card.

installed cccam 2.1.4 ipk ( there is a link on here ) created an empty text file and named it cccam.cfg and uploaded it to my box, put in my sky card
pressed the blue button softcam manager and started cccam.

and i was able to view the sky channels i subscribed to.

blue button cccam info and one of the options will show you the status of the card slots.

hope it helps

Larry-G
19-09-11, 18:45

installed cccam 2.1.4 ipk ( there is a link on here ) created an empty text file and named it cccam.cfg and uploaded it to my box, put in my sky card

blue button cccam info and one of the options will show you the status of the card slots.

hope it helps

not quite rite but close.

you can use a blank CCcam.cfg file if you only have a FYV card for channels such as CH5 etc but to view the premium channels such as sports and movies you must enter your configuration details into the CCcam.cfg file otherwise the cam will not know what to do in order to clear those encrypted channels.

copex
19-09-11, 20:17
not quite rite but close.

you can use a blank CCcam.cfg file if you only have a FYV card for channels such as CH5 etc but to view the premium channels such as sports and movies you must enter your configuration details into the CCcam.cfg file otherwise the cam will not know what to do in order to clear those encrypted channels.

my CCcam.cfg is empty and i can view sky1 which is an encrypted channel.

basilyoung
19-09-11, 20:19
if your subsriptio allows sport/films, there will not clear, unless configgerd correctly,

Larry-G
19-09-11, 20:19
sky 1 is not considered a premium channel even though it is encrypted. the premium channels are then movies and sports packages ( not sure about the discovery or kids channels but definitely movies and sports )

Stanman
19-09-11, 21:31
my CCcam.cfg is empty and i can view sky1 which is an encrypted channel.

As phenoix said its not premium channel, without a boxkey and configured softcam you not be able to view movies or sports channels

im85288
19-09-11, 22:44
As phenoix said its not premium channel, without a boxkey and configured softcam you not be able to view movies or sports channels

From my understanding using oscam allows reading of the sky card without the need to enter a boxkey. It also allows you to watch channels such as picktv which CCcam does not.

silverfox0786
19-09-11, 23:10
your half way there

oscam does need a boxid as its refered to inserted into the reader config

and yes it does allow pickTV and premiere sports to decode

fintannl
20-09-11, 18:52
somewhat true silverfox, while the boxid parameter is within the configs it is not required with the more recent releases of oscam

silverfox0786
20-09-11, 22:33
somewhat true silverfox, while the boxid parameter is within the configs it is not required with the more recent releases of oscam

it is required my friend you wont clear any premuim without it

remove box id and try to clear movies or sports and you will see

they wont clear

fintannl
20-09-11, 22:46
not true. don't use it. try it

silverfox0786
20-09-11, 22:50
not true. don't use it. try it

you got a magic system then cause i did try it and thats why i am saying it

fintannl
20-09-11, 23:40
have to admit did not accept for one second myself. so take a basic config
[reader]
label = skyuk
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
detect = cd
mhz = 369
cardmhz = 369
ident = 0963:000000
group = 8
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1
lb_weight = 150

no mention of cards or boxid and not required by oscam

bmitie
21-09-11, 00:13
as a noob will the sly card update ok in box

bmitie

basilyoung
21-09-11, 00:23
some cams do update the card, but with any softcam, your are risking lossing the card via non update, or hostile signals to the card, leading to a trashed card, if this happens....micro wave the card before asking for a replacement

as far as i no, oscam does not update the card, cccam does i think...but not certain

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 00:24
as far as i no, oscam does not update the card, cccam does i think...but not certain

ccam newcamd or camd35 will update the card but not native oscam

fintannl
21-09-11, 00:27
oscam also

basilyoung
21-09-11, 00:29
@ silverfox

do you ever actually sleep ?? :rolleyes:

and thought so ( re update )

baz

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 00:41
@ silverfox

do you ever actually sleep ?? :rolleyes:
baz

ummmm sleep whats that :whistle:

fintannl
21-09-11, 01:11
you work too hard silverfox

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 01:12
gives me something to do lol

Nalareddep
21-09-11, 19:39

hope it helps

Sounded promising but when I get to activate CCam2.2.1 it says:
No config files found please set up Cccam first in CCcam.cfg
Guess no luck because the file is empty

I'm stuck again :-(

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 19:40
make a blank file called

CCcam.cfg

and put it into /etc

you can have data inside it but it depends what u want as to how far we can discuss it

Nalareddep
21-09-11, 19:45
make a blank file called

CCcam.cfg

and put it into /etc

you can have data inside it but it depends what u want as to how far we can discuss it

I did that
All I am trying to do is use an old sky card to watch the freeview freesat channels in my box. If I am not supposed to do this please tell me, i don't want to break any rules :confused:

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 19:47
Add this data to the cfg file

no more than thi scan be disscussed on this forum

ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
SERVER LISTEN PORT: xxxxx
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT: 16001
LOG WARNINGS: /tmp/warnings.txt
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
BOXKEY: /dev/sci1 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/sci0 3750000
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/sci1 3750000
DISABLE EMM: no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL: no
SHOW TIMING: yes

Daytona
27-11-11, 16:07
Hi Silverfox,
Sorry to intrude on this thread and although there is a lot of information thru the forum on this subject, some of it is complex for a newbie.
My sly box has died a slow death and I now wish to use my legitimate movie subscription card in my new ET-9200.
Can you advise if the code you posted (#34) will read and update the card?
I assume it should be customised depending on which slot is to be used and what is the server listen port ?
My STB is not on my network yet as I am waiting for the WIFI USB to arrive so can all the files discussed be transferred to the ET-9200 via USB ?

For info to all I find the ET-9200 manual a bit vague for a newbie and used both ET-9200 and VU duo for initial setup.
Picture quality is amazing and far superior to previous mentioned old dead box.
I do find the remote buttons small for my pigs t*t fingers so would appreciate if someone can advise if other remotes will operate the ET-9200.

Apologies for all the questions but thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Stanman
27-11-11, 16:47
That is the CFG file #34, you will need to install the cam and also generate a boxkey to watch the movies and sports - rest will clear without a box key - google boxkey and use the PC calculator method.

More info here on how to set up the card.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

bwj
29-09-13, 20:54
Not having any luck getting clear channels on my paid for Sky Card on Vu+ Solo2 with OpenVix and enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk . I understand how to get Hex key and I can see my card entitlements in card info so it is being read. Am I being a little slow ... do I need to have anything else in my CCcam.cfg file other than:

ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
SERVER LISTEN PORT: xxxxx
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT: 16001
LOG WARNINGS: /tmp/warnings.txt
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
BOXKEY: /dev/sci1 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/sci0 3750000
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/sci1 3750000
DISABLE EMM: no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL: no
SHOW TIMING: yes

Obviously I've changed xx xx xx xx t o my Hex Code. I've experimented changing the clock frequency to 357000 (suggested in other guides) rather than 375000.

Do I need to leave the card in the slot for a while for it to sync - shouldn't it be instant if everything is set up correctly?

satmanbasil
29-09-13, 23:02
@BWJ

Hi mate i take it you have started the cccam in the menu and then asked it to auto start, only ask as some newbies think putting the files into place is all one does to get going.

to make sure you got the right boxkey number you need to know the nds key from your skybox google how to find it if not sure

bwj
30-09-13, 13:36
Yes I have CCcam set to autostart. My card must be being read as I can see the card entitlements in the CCcam configuration. I had everything working on a non-standard Amstrad box (DXR85 I think is the model number). There is a short Amstrad serial number sticker and a Sky 17 digit sticker underneath the box. I have worked out the Hexkey from the 17 digit number and double checked the sticker number against the number in the Services menu. I'm stumped

Burnham
30-09-13, 14:38
The cfg file looks ok, but I suggest deleting the second BOXKEY line to sci1 - should not make a difference, but just in case. sci0 is the upper slot. I also suggest deleting both CLOCK FREQUENCY lines - they are not needed.

The other thing I would suggest is doing a full satellite rescan on 28°e with clear before scan set to YES. Then report back if you can clear any of the four ITV HD channels. And also do a hard restart - mains off/on - should not be necessary, but worth a go (I take it your cam is set to auto start).

Also, exactly where are you reading the services menu? When you check the entitlements page, can you see if card has expired.

bwj
30-09-13, 16:14
Thanks will do all of that but card shouldn't have expired (works no problem in Sky box) and I can get clear HD channels by checking with the, shall we say, "experimental method" with the cline. Emphasise I want to keep and use my paid card.

Burnham
01-10-13, 17:02
Forgot to say you should be using the top slot, not the bottom slot.

Your second comment is not relevant to your main question regarding getting your own card to work. If you answer my questions, we might get closer to an explanation.