PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Uno HDMI-CEC ?

Ezee
16-09-11, 20:53
As HDMI-cec is widely spread amongst most consumer AV electronics I was wondering if any functionality like that is available for the Vu+ receivers? does anybody have any info about that....?

Donnie
16-09-11, 21:05
It can be found in Black Hole Images and is being developed by the team along with pli who have now come on board.

It is at a very early stage and work well with most Samsung TV's and is limited with most others.

It will take time I think but it will get there.

rimas
16-09-11, 21:05
HDMI-CEC works in Openpli, VTI and Blackhole. I hope it will work in next ViX.

irishchris
16-09-11, 21:08
It will be in next release however as stated above there is still limited functions for most tvs. Thankfully I have a Samsung and the remote functions perfectly for everything except the recording playback function has no assigned key

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Ezee
16-09-11, 21:24
As long as the power functions will be enabled I am happy already, now I am getting seriously motivated to pimp the receiver with the coming VIX Image release. Any clue when that can be?

silverfox0786
16-09-11, 21:48
HDMI CEC works with my LG scarlet but not my Philips

pooface
16-09-11, 22:33
Works to an extent with my panasonic ... but it is very temperamental, and doesn't fully do as you would expect... Also, doesn't pick up the viera link, only works when the box itself sends the commands to the tv...

Ezee
16-09-11, 23:16
hmmm bummer; I am using the UNO on a panasonic. Is to be expected that it will improve it's compatibility with the next version of the VIX image or is this a panasonic problem?

pooface
16-09-11, 23:44
hmmm bummer; I am using the UNO on a panasonic. Is to be expected that it will improve it's compatibility with the next version of the VIX image or is this a panasonic problem?

Haven't really tested much ... might just be a user error, as I haven't had time to test properly, too much stuff IRL to sort out... But I do remember reading something from Blackhole that their hdmi-cec doesn't work on panasonic. Whether they have exactly same problems as I had, or that their's doesn't work at all, I don't know. But, I would imagine it's just a case of evolving the code, and getting it sorted to work correctly ;)

Ezee
17-09-11, 00:16
well that is beyond me, then I will have to wait until someone capable of doing that will sort this.

Rob van der Does
17-09-11, 11:53
Although HDMI-CEC will be available in ViX soon, I will never use it. It will never bring the ease to use as the R/C's in my signature are already doing for ages............

silverfox0786
18-09-11, 00:07
Although HDMI-CEC will be available in ViX soon, I will never use it. It will never bring the ease to use as the R/C's in my signature are already doing for ages............

i agree

i dont like ti and when i didnt know what it was i was confused

and as for my dad and my brother well they almost chucked the box throw a window as it was so annoying and they couldnt figure out what it was

the box would turn off when tv went off and then restart when tv went back on after ages and then go into bouquet mode

so unless you pressed exit first you could do anything as it was in VIX logo mode to start with not the channel you was watching

personally unless VIX is fixing bugs on it or developing it further i think it should just be removed full stop

Rob van der Does
18-09-11, 05:57
Or far more simple: the default value of the plugin should be "disabled".

irishchris
18-09-11, 06:19
I find it works very good on my Samsung lcd. There is an option on the tv to select it with cec on or off. All works perfectly with no conflicts eg. Power button. Only thing missing is recordings button control. So would agree with vuplus nl that maybe an option in menu to either switch on or off cec but definitely not to remove it altogether as is not working for some but is for others.

Rob van der Does
18-09-11, 06:25
It does work for some, and not for others.
The whole point is, that suddenly a plugin has been added doing all kind of unexpected things, just because it is enabled by default.

irishchris
18-09-11, 09:30
Yes totally agree and an option in av settings to enable/disable would be fine with it disabled by default as you said sounds good

pooface
18-09-11, 09:44
Yes totally agree and an option in av settings to enable/disable would be fine with it disabled by default as you said sounds good

Can be disabled by the plugins menu. But yes, disabled by default I think...