PDA

View Full Version : project valerie

cosie
16-09-11, 19:42
hi guys n gals,ive got a vu+duo with hdd installed and running the latest vix image.ive just installed project valerie and updated it.and rebooted.
my question is how do i get project valerie up on my screen?ive looked everywhere.ive got a new folder on my hdd called valerie with sub folders and a few files in it,looks like all is installed ok,just dont know how to run pv,any help would be great

punisher
16-09-11, 19:59
If you press menu on ur remote it should be right at the top "Project Valerie" but if u updated project valerie then more than likely it has messed it up. Just uninstall and reinstall and dont do the update

cosie
16-09-11, 20:05
thank for you reply,i used vucc and installed with ipk installer,shall i uninstall using the duo or vucc,or does it matter lol

punisher
16-09-11, 20:23
uninstall it via the vix plugins menu and then reinstall it again

Rob van der Does
16-09-11, 21:06
uninstall it via the vix plugins menu and then reinstall it again....and never use the update function within Valerie!

sonc
16-09-11, 21:59
....and never use the update function within Valerie!

....with the Vix image. Update works fine on BlackHole.

Rob van der Does
17-09-11, 06:24
....with the Vix image. Update works fine on BlackHole.
Yes of course: BH just uses the plugin as provided by Valerie. But ViX uses the Valerie sources to build it's own Valerie-plugin, adapted to the ViX-image; therefore an update from within Valerie would mix up two versions.

cosie
17-09-11, 10:06
well i did uninstall and installed without updating and all is working now,i have pv in my menu now,is there any way to update pv with vix os?
also do i have to put my dloaded movies on the root of my hdd or can i make folders,or both lol

Rob van der Does
17-09-11, 10:22
is there any way to update pv with vix os?
If there is an ViX-update available (shown to you by the flashing "Updates Available Icon") Valerie will also be updated during the online image-update.

cosie
17-09-11, 10:51
ahh right,thanks for all the help,realy loving this