PDA

View Full Version : Vu+duo ethernet port dosnt work plzz hellpp

omar
15-09-11, 16:57
hi guyz av got my new vu+duo everything is workin fyn except the ethernet port doesnt work i mean the box doesnt connect to the internet the light on the port normal shoul b on when when u connect the ethernet cable bt mine it doesnt any help guyz. will apreciate thanks

Donnie
15-09-11, 20:10
Have you configured the network settings OK ?

Try DHCP rather than manual settings for starting off.

omar
15-09-11, 23:58
yeah i did mate. anythin there anything else i can do plz help.. thanks reply donnie

basilyoung
16-09-11, 00:14
try a different lan cable..then in network settings, set it to dhcp, press ok...exit then go back in and see if the settings have changed to your network settings

also check the connectors are fully in the router/unit

omar
16-09-11, 12:22
i did that mate i even went to try to neiba house i thought maybe my internate playin up bt everythin work here wireless connection everythin is perfect except my vu+ i just notice thing back of the box on the ethernet port the green light doesnt come on coz normal when u connect the box the green light inside the port should b on bt mine doesnt any idea guys. thanks for ur reply basilyoung

acco
18-09-11, 19:54
I've notice on my duo from time to time it doesn't play ball all the time with the Ethernet port.
All I can say is if I plug the rj45 in, I'll see the orange light, light up and then maybe the green flicker a few time and then it just dies with no lights but the stb all seems fine.
Often removing blowing and a little wriggle will bring it back, which reminds me I should just replace cable just in case.

basilyoung
18-09-11, 21:39
i did that mate i even went to try to neiba house i thought maybe my internate playin up bt everythin work here wireless connection everythin is perfect except my vu+ i just notice thing back of the box on the ethernet port the green light doesnt come on coz normal when u connect the box the green light inside the port should b on bt mine doesnt any idea guys. thanks for ur reply basilyoung

that sounds like either the router is not connecting at all, or the unit might be faulty, I would first try connecting the unit to a freinds set up, and see if that sorts it, if it does,nt, then it might well be the unit, although I would be surprised, as till now, no one that i can remember has had a problem like this, we have had poor connection issues, but not like this

what image is on the unit?
also in menu/set up/system/network make sure dhcp is ticked, ( yes i no the lan port shows no connection )

jacobfletcher
10-11-11, 14:31
had a similar problem with mine and i still dont have a solution yet.
but if i put some wad of paper underneath the rj45 plug to push it up a bit the 2 green light start to fliker
and if i keed the pressure on for about 10 seconds the green lights stay on with one of them flikering i then have the network connection working fine
problem is i have to do this every time i switch off and on the vu+ duo from the mains socket
i will appreciate a permanent solution to this or any advise on where i can send this to for repairs
jacobfletcher

pooface
10-11-11, 16:34
I had a problem when I first got it ... and found that it was because the lan cable wasn't pushed far enough in...

I thought it was pushed far enough, as was as close as I could get it without putting excessive pressure ... but, I found that I needed to push a little further by adding a little pressure. After that, been working fine when pushed all the way in (please note, I do not accept any responsibility if you are pressing too hard and cause any damage to your box. It should be obvious if there is no further point to push the cable. In my case, I thought it was far enough from the pressure, but after looking, could see it wasn't...)