PDA

View Full Version : VU+DUO - HDMI port doesn't work - hardware problem

rfa78
15-09-11, 08:34
Hello,

I'm from Portugal, a few days ago, changing the Hdmi cable in my LCD (1 Hdmi port only) from my Vu+Duo to my media player, Hdmi function stopped working on my Vu+Duo when i connected it back.
I know when our LCD only has 1 Hdmi entrance we should buy a Hdmi switcher or just plug and unplug the Hdmi cables after shutting down our devices, but now i have to resolve this problem.
I have a friend, expert in electronics, he's got the Vu+Duo in he's electronic repair shop, he said from the initial tests he made it's not from the contacts right neer the Hdmi plug entrance, and he said he needs to have the electronic and electric specs of the box...that way he can do more tests to see if it's from Hdmi connector (replacing the connector and solving the problem)...or if it's from the box board.
The box works perfectly, in scart and RGB connection, accepts new firmware, internet download, etc...resuming, box works fine apart of the Hdmi problem.

Any help in this matter?...thanks in advance
Have a nice day
Regards

silverfox0786
15-09-11, 16:34
If you was in warranty you should have gotten an RMA from retailer

I don't think that's a option now as it's voided

Best bet is to contact Vu direct to get the schematics

support@vuplus.com

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

canthackit
16-09-11, 07:39
i have the same problem mate, when we keep connecting/disconnecting hdmi leads it will eventually damage the pins or break a very small piece of the plastic guide to the hdmi connector off.

i've tried to obtain a new hdmi/esata connector without any success.

your friend seems to have the expertise to repair your box so long as he can locate the appropiate connector.

atm i use a component lead, PQ is just as good but of course you need to connect an optical cable to your audio source.

regards: canthackit

rfa78
16-09-11, 15:17
If you was in warranty you should have gotten an RMA from retailer

I don't think that's a option now as it's voided

Best bet is to contact Vu direct to get the schematics

support@vuplus.com

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Opening box doesn't void warranty, how can you install the hdd 3,5" without opening it? ;)

Regards

Larry-G
16-09-11, 15:21
no opening the lid will not affect the warranty but if your friend has had to remove any components in order to do his testing or if he attempts any form of repairs that will most certainly invalidate the warranty.

rfa78
16-09-11, 15:47
no opening the lid will not affect the warranty but if your friend has had to remove any components in order to do his testing or if he attempts any form of repairs that will most certainly invalidate the warranty.

No mate, he didn't, he only tested the electrical circuit in the hdmi connector, he was expecting i could find voltage levels from box board, but that's impossible (manufacturer secret), so he didn't touch anything else...i tought my warranty wasn't valid anymore, but still is (20/03/2012), monday i'll send the box to reseller, after that is their problem.

Thank you all for helping
Regards

canthackit
21-09-11, 14:21
No mate it isn't the resellers problem, if as i stated above is the case.

it means you or someone has broken the connector ans needs to be replaced in which case you'll have to pay for it as it's not a box fault.

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 14:26
here try this

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayProduct.jsp?sku=1428260&CMP=e-2072-00001000

pooface
21-09-11, 14:32
No mate it isn't the resellers problem, if as i stated above is the case.

it means you or someone has broken the connector ans needs to be replaced in which case you'll have to pay for it as it's not a box fault.

But the other thing is, it should be covered by warranty, cus should be expected to last a reasonable period of time. In circumstances, there will be the need to unplug and plug the hdmi connector. However, if it can be shown that it is excessive use of the hdmi port, then yes, not covered by warranty...

Steve_W
27-05-13, 07:37
Did you resolve this? My Vu Plus duo was fine yesterday, no disconnecting & reconnecting, today HDMI output not working (shows L + R on my LG set indicating audio input, but screen just fuzz, alternating between light & dark).

Tried factory reset, different cables etc, works OK via Scart or component... any ideas? Thanks.

d4vinder
29-04-14, 18:44
Did you resolve this? My Vu Plus duo was fine yesterday, no disconnecting & reconnecting, today HDMI output not working (shows L + R on my LG set indicating audio input, but screen just fuzz, alternating between light & dark).

Tried factory reset, different cables etc, works OK via Scart or component... any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, I seem to be getting the same issue from HDMI. The picture was fine this morning and suddenly its all fuzzy with light and dark colours.

Any idea how to resolve this??

marty
29-04-14, 18:47
Tried on a different TV?

bellejt
29-04-14, 18:54
cable problem or bad inserted in the connector.

marty
29-04-14, 18:57
I get the exact same on the crap Philips TV I have in the dining room :D

d4vinder
29-04-14, 19:07
Yes

I have a Blade BM7000 too which I swapped the HDMI lead with, Vu Duo is still fuzzy.

Tried a scart lead too, but I didn't get any picture at all, not too sure if the scart output is off or on by default or if it requires a manual activation from the menu. Nevertheless, I cant see the menu to activate if that is the case.

TV is working fine as Free View and PS3 (on same HDMI port) all work well.

Box is about late 2010 model. Any other suggestions are welcome.

d4vinder
29-04-14, 19:36
Panic Averted!

It seems it was the TV! I have a Samsung 4k 55" model with a external Connector bar that all the HDMI Component etc sockets are located.

I took the liberty to unplug the cable from the bar to the TV and everything came up! So much for a £3,000 TV!