PDA

View Full Version : Green screen - Crashing loop

intbn
13-09-11, 23:48
Hey,

I was trying to mount a hard drive there on my pc and when i pressed OK i got a green screen.Since then my box has been stuck on a crashing loop.Does anyone know how i could get it out of that loop?

Preferably without having to reflash because I've no usb drive handy.
I'm running the latest version of VIX and have attached a log file.

Thanks.10969

jackhill99
14-09-11, 16:18
Hey,

I was trying to mount a hard drive there on my pc and when i pressed OK i got a green screen.Since then my box has been stuck on a crashing loop.Does anyone know how i could get it out of that loop?

Preferably without having to reflash because I've no usb drive handy.
I'm running the latest version of VIX and have attached a log file.

Thanks.10969

Hi.

This has happened to me a few times. If I remember correctly, connect via a terminal (Putty), navigate to /etc/enigma2 and remove or rename automounts.xml

Don't worry about the green screen, you have terminal access the entire time it goes into the loop

Good Luck :thumbsup:

intbn
15-09-11, 00:10
Hey,

Tried logging in through putty but it wouldn't accept my password (which i though was strange since i hadn't set a password) so I got a lend of a usb drive and reflashed.

Turned out i was opening an ssh session instead of a telnet session, which my brother told me is why i couldn't log in!

Thanks for your help anyway Jack, It's very much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

jopo
20-09-11, 20:02
Hi.

This has happened to me a few times. If I remember correctly, connect via a terminal (Putty), navigate to /etc/enigma2 and remove or rename automounts.xml

Don't worry about the green screen, you have terminal access the entire time it goes into the loop

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Hhi

I had the exact same behaviour as intbn. Removing the automounts.xml did not help. I ended up reflashing the box.

jackhill99
28-09-11, 11:49
Hhi

I had the exact same behaviour as intbn. Removing the automounts.xml did not help. I ended up reflashing the box.

Hi jopo. Sorry, I just remembered another step

1.) Connect via a terminal (Putty), navigate to /etc/enigma2 and remove automounts.xml
2.) Type "mount" Enter and look for the recently added mount that is causing issues. The share name should be displayed in the first column. Now type "umount [share name]" followed by Enter (all without quotes)

That should hopefully fix the issue

wullboy
28-09-11, 12:09
i would have thought.... FTP to enigma 2, highlight the automounts.xml, right-hand click, then scroll down to delete.. i works, as ive done it twice this week....lol.... simple m8

jopo
05-10-11, 20:39
Hi jopo. Sorry, I just remembered another step

1.) Connect via a terminal (Putty), navigate to /etc/enigma2 and remove automounts.xml
2.) Type "mount" Enter and look for the recently added mount that is causing issues. The share name should be displayed in the first column. Now type "umount [share name]" followed by Enter (all without quotes)

That should hopefully fix the issue

Thanks! I'll try that if it happens again.

satmanbasil
05-10-11, 22:06
Hi mate

I reported this sort of problem with the vu solo when updating project valerie then it did the same to my vu duo so if you have project valerie enabled it could be this that causes your problem follow the same proceedure in my solo thread and remove project val files

regards
satmanbasil