PDA

View Full Version : Twin Tuners Connections

Nalareddep
12-09-11, 18:05
I have just bought a VU+ DUO (my first ever receiver) and I am a bit confused regarding the operation of the motorised dish and the handbook and the retailer were not any great help !

Can any other owner tell me which of the two LNB connectors on the receiver delivers the voltage signal to drive the motorised dish?

Also should the tuners both be configured as 'Positioner'

Please include any other relevant set up info.

cheers
alan

Larry-G
12-09-11, 18:08
both tuners can power the motor individually or power a motor each if thats what you want.

most people tend to settle for a fixed dish pointing towards sky uk @ 28.2 east on one tuner and a motorized dish on the other to give the best of both worlds.
as for the rest of your question we would really need more information before we could answer fully.

Stanman
12-09-11, 18:10
Either one will do it, though its best to put fixed on A and motor on B. If its motor than positioner and B same as A?

Also have a read of the PDF in post 3 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8404-Please-Help-A-Total-Newbie-with-motorised-set-up&highlight=motorised

Nalareddep
12-09-11, 18:18
Thanks for that quick reply.

Still a bit puzzled though .

There are two sockets on the receiver LNB1 and LNB2 and only one is connected to the motor en route to one of the two LNB's on the dish

If LNB1 is connected to the motor I can see how it would move the dish but how does LNB2 move it?

I am assuming LNB1 and LNB2 relate to Tuner A and Tuner B ! Or maybe I should not be?

Nalareddep
12-09-11, 18:24
OK I shall have a read of that Link.

ps I only have one dish with twin LNB's

Stanman
12-09-11, 18:24
LNB2 is for another feed from the dish, if you do not have one going into the box, than set this as sam as tuner A in the tuner configuration menu.

Twin tuners are best used with two feeds either from the same sat or different ones if thats what you want ir 13E and 19E

This I am not sure about but you could put the other feed from your LNB into the 2nd tuner and this will increase your channel and if you set both as positioner either tuner will move the dish.

Nalareddep
12-09-11, 18:50
I am probably not explaining myself well and as a complete newbie probably I do not fully understand the technology.

I shall go away and have a read and return when my head stops hurting.

Many thanks in the meantime. :confused:

Rob van der Does
13-09-11, 18:21
Connect tuner A to the motorized dish. Settings: Advanced, Connect Astra 2 to LNB1, DiSEqC 1.2 USALS. Now go to all the other satellites you want to use and also set them to LNB1 without changing any other setting.
Now go to Tuner B and set it to Advanced, Second cable from motorized dish (if it is a Twin-LNB) or to "loopthrough to Tuner A" if it is a single LNB.
Go to "Satfinder"and check both tuners on several sat's.

That's all folks!

Nalareddep
13-09-11, 21:14
Connect tuner A to the motorized dish.
Thanks for that simple but direct instruction I can follow. I now realise I have to set up each sat I want to use individually.
Am I correct in assuming that Tuner A = LNB1 input?
I know that may sound obvious but I have been getting some strange and intermitant and puzzling movement of the dish but that is probably due to me not setting them all up individually.

Rob van der Does
13-09-11, 21:19
On tuner A set (e.g.):
Astra 1 = LNB 1
Astra 2 = LNB 1
Astra 3 = LNB 1
So all wanted sat's = LNB 1
Don't forget to set LNB 1 to "USALS" (depending on the skin used might be on the next page). During this setup no dish movement will be seen.

martyd
14-09-11, 10:02
I would add that i have experienced an issue with images where it requires your positioner to be on either A or B (only one way round) once mind and i think it was BH

Rob van der Does
14-09-11, 12:22
I would add that i have experienced an issue with images where it requires your positioner to be on either A or B (only one way round) once mind and i think it was BH
No idea about BH, but that doesn't apply to ViX.