I cannot even install it.

Willy

ushare needs to have a few extra commands

where have you got to with it

doglover
12-09-11, 12:59
Nowhere really
during install it is giving me the following:
"Some plugins are not available: UPnP/UShare (No module named UPnP.UShare.plugin)"

Willy

silverfox0786
12-09-11, 13:00
are u installing via opkg

or do you have a physical ipk file in tmp

what image are u using

doglover
12-09-11, 13:34
i am using Open Pli
and use the file from OpenPLi sources. (website)

Willy

silverfox0786
12-09-11, 13:39
hehe

openpli doesnt have full support for ushare as im aware

i may be wrong

might be an idea to post there and see if a coder there can correct it

one thing i do know is once installed

you need to send the start command

ushare --a

doglover
12-09-11, 13:51
I already posted on PLi. But not much of a reaction there.
But Google search revealed that in the past some things are posted here about UShare, so I thought lets give it a try.

So I have to consider changing the VIX then. I need a think about that.

Willy

silverfox0786
12-09-11, 13:54
I already posted on PLi. But not much of a reaction there.
But Google search revealed that in the past some things are posted here about UShare, so I thought lets give it a try.

So I have to consider changing the VIX then. I need a think about that.

Willy

well tbh not starting anything but

VIX is very loosly based on PLi now as andy has made so many changes and fixes that even PLi having our git open to them cant impliment

you wont every regret turning to VIX

and if you wanna think about then wai for VIX 2.3 still time before release so should be ample time for you to decide what image you want to use

doglover
12-09-11, 13:54
Tried to start ushare:

root@vuduo:~# ushare --a
ushare: unrecognized option '--a'
uShare (version 1.1a), a lightweight UPnP A/V and DLNA Media Server.
Benjamin Zores (C) 2005-2007, for GeeXboX Team.
See http://ushare.geexbox.org/ for updates.

Usage: ushare [-n name] [-i interface] [-p port] [-c directory] [[-c directory]
..]
Options:
-n, --name=NAME Set UPnP Friendly Name (default is 'uShare')
-i, --interface=IFACE Use IFACE Network Interface (default is 'eth0')
-f, --cfg=FILE Config file to be used
-p, --port=PORT Forces the HTTP server to run on PORT
-q, --telnet-port=PORT Forces the TELNET server to run on PORT
-c, --content=DIR Share the content of DIR directory
-w, --no-web Disable the control web page (enabled by default)
-t, --no-telnet Disable the TELNET control (enabled by default)
-o, --override-iconv-err If iconv fails parsing name, still add to media
contents (hoping the renderer can handle it)
-v, --verbose Set verbose display
-x, --xbox Use XboX 360 compliant profile
-D, --daemon Run as a daemon
-V, --version Display the version of uShare and exit
-h, --help Display this help

This is the result

and:

root@vuduo:~# ushare -V
uShare (version 1.1a), a lightweight UPnP A/V and DLNA Media Server.
Benjamin Zores (C) 2005-2007, for GeeXboX Team.
See http://ushare.geexbox.org/ for updates.

Willy

silverfox0786
12-09-11, 13:57
thats odd

usually that is the command for starting it in DLNA / PS3 mode what is needed for networked TV's

can you try

ushare -a

oh and also have you configured ushare.conf

its in /etc

doglover
12-09-11, 14:33
Cannot find the ushare.conf file in /etc.

However, I had to restart enigma2 for another reason and ushare keeps throwing up the above mentoined error. So I decided to remove this plug-in until I receive some news from PLi (or decide to install VIX)

One question though: The reason for wanting ushare is to stream video and/or audio (not a recorded shows - but live streaming) to a UPnP enabled mediaplayer in another room. The tests will be done with a PS3 from my son. But I will buy a media player if everything works out OK.
The streaming is done now with a wireless video transmitter. But the video quality is not very good.
Could you tell me if this is possible?

Willy

silverfox0786
12-09-11, 14:48
OK now the reason why this is not been posted before as we at VIX Team do not like gloating and getting everyones hopes up

but we have done some ushare tests and have got it working very well in DLNA Mode which is PS3 and TV

it will be a standard option so no need to install it as a plugin and the ushare.conf editable via the onscreen menu

Andyblac is working flat out and appologises for VIX 2.3 Delay and is trying to get it finished as soon as possible where this feature will be included

hope this helps mate

:D

mauri
13-09-11, 22:54
Cannot find the ushare.conf file in /etc.

However, I had to restart enigma2 for another reason and ushare keeps throwing up the above mentoined error. So I decided to remove this plug-in until I receive some news from PLi (or decide to install VIX)

One question though: The reason for wanting ushare is to stream video and/or audio (not a recorded shows - but live streaming) to a UPnP enabled mediaplayer in another room. The tests will be done with a PS3 from my son. But I will buy a media player if everything works out OK.
The streaming is done now with a wireless video transmitter. But the video quality is not very good.
Could you tell me if this is possible?

Willy

Hi Willy, I can tell you that I have tried several of the last VIX builds but have had the same error message 'upnp pluggin not present or smth similar".
Tried to install it manually. Tried even some version of Twonky media server customized for DM7025 (enigma 2 linux receiver), but with no success.

My only way around this issue was to have my laptop on, and share the movie folder of my VuDuo in WMP which will show up as a DLNA media server in your media player. I use MediaSmart to play the recorded stuff on my Vu+.

While, for streaming live content, I guess you can again use the above solution, BUT need to start recording the live program, so you can start watching at your bedroom, from the bit that has just started to record in the HDD of Vu+.

As per VIX image, I can confirm that is much, much better user friendly then PLi on which VIX is based, since months now. I have had PLi serveral weeks, but I switched back to VIX because of GUI that is better laid out, more handy features, VIX HD skin, the best skin probably that is out there, VIX EPG, simple and very nice. But, anyways, every person has their own tastes and needs...after all, the beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder... ;)

Said that, I can not wait for the VIX 2.3 and have the ushare finally up and running!
cheers

Rob van der Does
17-09-11, 11:29
....or decide to install VIX.....
Willy, why don't you? I'm pretty sure you will like it very much, as ViX has moved on where PLi has stopped!