PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo or Clarke-Tech ET9000

ellblud
11-09-11, 07:21
Really struggling to choose between these two, im looking for the one with best 7 day epg and best picture quality

any help would be great cheers.

Sicilian
11-09-11, 07:24
Both have 7 day epg using the ViX Team image. The images have basically the same features.

The ET9000 has a newer CPU and more ram and I'd say the SD picture quality is slightly better, but all in all the differences are quite negligible.

DrProzac
11-09-11, 08:32
Any news when the Ultimo will be appearing?
And is this likely to have an effect on image dev for the Duo, (and the prices?)

Sicilian
11-09-11, 08:41
Doubt it will affect the prices of the Duo and ET9000 as its a higher spec model, seen prices mentioned of £599 for the Ultimo.

Stanman
11-09-11, 13:18
Really struggling to choose between these two, im looking for the one with best 7 day epg and best picture quality

any help would be great cheers.

I have both and in terms of picture imho I cannot see the difference between the two.

In terms of build and quality, both are good but the DUO imv sneaks it on the build.

The ET is a newer box and better components

In terms of remote, the DUO again sneaks it over the ET, the remote is better built and feels better when using it.

I can honestly say you will not be disappointed buying either box.

The EPG and screen appearance is determined by the image and I am biased but honestly can say VIX is the BEST image out their and is available for both boxes and coupled with SIlverfoxes bouquet set is the best replacement for a sly box.

When you come to buy, don't forget to contact the forum sponsor who stocks both boxes and provides excellent CS.

alr33
16-09-11, 19:46
Hello,
I have a Vu+duo,picture quality and 7 day epg(rytec plugin epg)are ok.

With Clarke Tech I guess the epg is the same(plugin)

So I guess you make a good choice with the Vu+Duo.

kind regards

silverfox0786
19-09-11, 00:48
i would go more towards a rt9k mate

better hardware and a new linux kernal now been made for it

very fast box indeed

kevdoc
19-09-11, 14:40
Hello,
I have a Vu+duo,picture quality and 7 day epg(rytec plugin epg)are ok.

With Clarke Tech I guess the epg is the same(plugin)

So I guess you make a good choice with the Vu+Duo.

kind regards

just ok?? lol 7day epg on vu+ Duo with vix image is perfect!!! every channel, every listing for seven days.... i never expected it to be so perfect. i at least expected it to miss the odd channel here and there but no. i was pleasantly suprised.

machare
20-09-11, 01:16
Is there going to be an ET9500? - perhaps later this year.

Stanman
20-09-11, 21:13
Who knows, with the VU Ultimato, XT no doubt will be doing something as well.

Reidy
25-09-11, 10:22
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I had pretty much decided on a Vu+ Duo until I found this forum, and consequently this post.

I assume the ET9000 is much newer than the Duo?

Would the newer tech inside make much of a difference?

Does the image on both look the same, or are there differences? and are there screenshots of the images so I can show wifey what a good decision I am making ;)

I'm kinda looking to get this ordered today if at all possible, but will need time to work on wifey faction :)

Stanman
25-09-11, 11:19
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I had pretty much decided on a Vu+ Duo until I found this forum, and consequently this post.

I assume the ET9000 is much newer than the Duo? Yes it is

Would the newer tech inside make much of a difference? not if all you want to do is view TV channels, there are enhancments in that the XT can play a greater varierty of medial files and better hardware - both same price so would go for the XT.

Does the image on both look the same, or are there differences? and are there screenshots of the images so I can show wifey what a good decision I am making ;) Depends on the image but for the vix its the same. Screenshots here in the first post. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9741-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011

I'm kinda looking to get this ordered today if at all possible, but will need time to work on wifey faction :)

my replies in bold next to your questions

Reidy
25-09-11, 11:29
Thanks for that - with regards to the image, I have seen some use skins to enhance the display (I think thats the sole reason) are these image specific?

Is there somewhere I can see how the base vix image looks when I do the equivalent of pressing i on my S** box?

Stanman
25-09-11, 11:32
Did you click the second link above, that is the VIX image with the default skin. ViX is coded to be as like sly as possible and there are lots of one button functionality built into it.

On vix if you press I it will give you program details.

As for skins would not recommend any as the buttons have been coded so well by Andy for the default skin that any other skin you would lose functionality.

Reidy
25-09-11, 11:47
I was more after the screenshots of what pressing i would show, as the screenshots in your link are the bits that wifey wouldnt see often.

But tbh, its not a deal breaker, it just would of been nice to show the boss them :)

Larry-G
25-09-11, 12:01
you want screen shots of the EPG screens then.

Stanman
25-09-11, 12:23
There here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6226-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v2.0-09-02-2011

Also search is a handy feature on the forum;)

Reidy
25-09-11, 12:32
Ok, I didnt check that thread, as tbh, I figured it would just show the same ones, but an older version as to the original linked.

Also, I did search, but as a bit of a noob I dont know the actual terms I need to be searching for, which kind of makes results a bit vague.

Sicilian
25-09-11, 12:33
You wont go far wrong with either the ET9000 or Duo, both have the same ViX Team images.

Stanman
25-09-11, 12:50
Ok, I didnt check that thread, as tbh, I figured it would just show the same ones, but an older version as to the original linked.

Also, I did search, but as a bit of a noob I dont know the actual terms I need to be searching for, which kind of makes results a bit vague.

No need to apologize mate.

Also pop in to the intro forum and introduce yourselve:thumbsup:

Reidy
25-09-11, 13:02
Cheers for the help guys,

Think I'll go with the 9000 :) as soon as I can speak to the sponsor and see if he can help on the price a little.

Sicilian
25-09-11, 13:11

Think I'll go with the 9000 :) as soon as I can speak to the sponsor and see if he can help on the price a little.

Send them email here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

madmanuk
25-09-11, 19:05
my vu+duo is a lot better than the et9000 i think,Well was i sold it to get the et9000,i wish i had just stuck with the vu+duo

Sicilian
26-09-11, 06:20
my vu+duo is a lot better than the et9000 i think,Well was i sold it to get the et9000,i wish i had just stuck with the vu+duo

I think both have their pro's and con's. I personally use my ET9000 as main receiver now, especially as the next ViX image has the a newer linux kernal and has a lot of development work going on in the background.

Reidy
26-09-11, 13:21
Well I should be getting my ET9000 tomorrow/weds then just the pain of trying to get it all set up, which tbh Im kinda a bit daunted by

Larry-G
26-09-11, 13:25
Well I should be getting my ET9000 tomorrow/weds then just the pain of trying to get it all set up, which tbh Im kinda a bit daunted by

no need to be daunted, there are always plenty of people on the forum who are willing to talk others through and help set things up.

Reidy
26-09-11, 13:30
Its coming with vix pre-installed, but I know i need to put other stuff in, and I know this isnt normally allowed on forums :)

am sure I'll manage though :)

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 13:36
Basic configs and how to do it are posted here so u should be fine mate

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Reidy
26-09-11, 23:37
I have been looking around and am worrying now that I've bitten off more than I can chew :(

Guess I'll just have to plug it in when I get it and see where that takes me, and hope that it will do what I hoped it would.

basilyoung
26-09-11, 23:53
no need to worry, the unit is a gem

various updates may be needed, installing cams etc are quite easy

like all things new, there is a learning curve,

and Srg ( look in the for sale section ) will take care of you if all else fails :sofahide:

Stanman
27-09-11, 21:39
I would not worry mate. When I got my first linux box, i plugged it in expecting the channels to come up all by themselves, took some reading to realise had to set it up and was not plug and play, felt a right mug:D:D

Rob van der Does
27-09-11, 22:01
.....As for skins would not recommend any as the buttons have been coded so well by Andy for the default skin that any other skin you would lose functionality.
Oooopss, thank you very much: I bet you never used Magic-(E)HD ;)

Rimmel
03-10-11, 09:51

Good choice - I have 2. My mate has a duo and I don't in all honesty like it. The remote isn't as nice as the CT9000. The vu+ duo is a lot more picky about the usb items you stick into it and the VU+ just seems less responsive (might just be me). Both running ViX 2.2.100.

Also I have had most of my stuff from WoS and must say the service is 100% top notch.

Rimmel
03-10-11, 09:55

Really? in what way? I can't see a single thing that the VU+ Duo does better than the CT9000.

Stanman
03-10-11, 13:41
There both excellent boxes and as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The DUO runs cooler than the ET but the ET has a nicer VFD with a lot more icons etc.;)