PDA

View Full Version : Settings manager

Huevos
10-09-11, 00:39
Where's the settings manager in the latest version.

I saved my settings when I did the reflash but it didn't give my an option to reload them. It's a bit of a pain because I have 20 LNBs hooked up to it and it will take ages to reconfigure it manually.

Also how do you make it that going left or right changes channel, rather than just showing the infobar?

punisher
10-09-11, 03:59
What image r u using? If its vix then its the Backup Manager that u need which is i menu/setup/vix. You can restore ur settings from there

Huevos
10-09-11, 11:32
Using 2.2.100. My settings were saved on the hard drive, but when I go in there it says the back up directory is on the USB. How do I change that?

silverfox0786
10-09-11, 11:33
Using 2.2.100. My settings were saved on the hard drive, but when I go in there it says the back up directory is on the USB. How do I change that?

press menu button when your in that screen and that will open up options to change location

Huevos
10-09-11, 12:02
Thanks, I've done that but it didn't restore my tuner settings, so most of my satellites are missing at the moment. Looks like I will have to do it manually. Good job I made a spreadsheet because I've got 3 levels of cascaded switches to configure. Last time I updated the image this was done automatically.

Rob van der Does
11-09-11, 09:53
Thanks, I've done that but it didn't restore my tuner settings, so most of my satellites are missing at the moment. Looks like I will have to do it manually. Hmm, should have been automatically done.......
But there are other possibility's: you have a lot of settings to make, so it is worth trying the following:
You have a settings-backup on your HDD. With that you can:
1- Restore the settings: Backupmanager --> select correct settings --> Restore;
2- This can also be done manual: unzip the settingsfile, open the file named "Settings". Telnet "init 4" to the box (to stop Enigma2), and open /etc/enigma2/settings. Copy the wanted tuner-settings from the stored settingsfile to the actual settingsfile and save. Telnet "init 3" to the box to start E2 again.
Of course you can also copy the whole settingsfile to the box.

PS: In spite of all automated functionality, I always keep a copy of a recent settingsfile on my PC. Just old fashioned security.

Huevos
12-09-11, 01:50
Thanks for the advice. I'd already done it manually by the time you posted, but it very useful info for the future.