PDA

View Full Version : fixed dish and motorised

courtwba1
08-09-11, 20:54
i originally have a motorised dish with twin coaxial connected to vu duo,motor connected to tuner a and lnb to tuner b all working fine.. i have now mounted a fixed dish to 28 east with a quad lnb n twin coaxial. i have brought a 4x1 diseqc switch...what i want to know is how to connect it all up n how to config the vu duo. also how many channels will i be able to record at once

kegrka
08-09-11, 21:54
Not quite sure about your motorised dish connection , but I have twin coax , one coax is first conected to my motor,from there a flying lead goes to the LMB . this I have on tuner A ,the other coax is connected directly to the LMB on the mini dish 28.2 E. No Diseqc switch used
you need to ensure both inputs are sitched on in your Vu+ and that one is set to receive all the sats and the othe is set to single sat, if your unsure and your motorised as been working OK unplug it and just run on the single dish ,if you try and run a channel on the motorised ie on say 13 e it will say tuner not available.

one thing to note that if you record on say tuner A it will let you see all channels on that transponder other chanels will be greyed out whilst recording , then also you can select chanels on your fixed dish .tuner B and watch them.
example record Nova cimema1 on hotbird (tuner A) select BBCHD on Astra 28E (tuner B ) and you can watch this:)

Rob van der Does
09-09-11, 09:59
I have a combination like the one you want: a fixed dish with 4 twin LNB + a motorized dish. This combination provides me the best of two worlds: fast zapping on the most used satellites and still able to see all other satellites.

Connection/setup is quite simple:

1- Tuner A:
Connection: a cable to the switch, to which all 4 LNB's are connected.

Setup: using DiSEqC 1.0, ports AA, AB, BA, BB to the fixed dish-LNB's

2- Tuner B:
Connection: a cable to the motor. From the motor the cable leads to the switch, to which 3 fixed LNB's are connected. The 4th is connected to the motorized LNB.
So to the motorised dish go 3 cables:
- 1 from the tuner to the motor;
- 1 from the motor to the switch;
- 1 from the switch to the LNB
This is done to prevent the motor-power from going through the switch (before "inventing" this, I lost several switches......); the current is too much for most switches.

Setup: using DiSEqC 1.0, ports AA, AF, BA to the fixed dish LNB's; BB to the motorized dish.

Good luck!

silverfox0786
09-09-11, 10:24
I have a combination like the one you want: a fixed dish with 4 twin LNB + a motorized dish. This combination provides me the best of two worlds: fast zapping on the most used satellites and still able to see all other satellites.

1- Tuner A:

2- Tuner B:
Connection: a cable to the motor. From the motor the cable leads to the switch, to which 3 fixed LNB's are connected. The 4th is connected to the motorized LNB.
This is done to prevent the motor-power from going through the switch (before "inventing" this, I lost several switches......); the current is too much for most switches.

Setup: using DiSEqC 1.0, ports AA, AF, BA to the fixed dish LNB's; BB to the motorized dish.

Good luck!

wow something i would love to do but you lost me at

Rob van der Does
09-09-11, 11:38
wow something i would love to do but you lost me at
It really is quite simple; maybe my explanation was too complicated?
How can I help you?

silverfox0786
09-09-11, 13:19
How can I help you?

please rememebr that statement

i have a multilnb system and soon to setup 2 motorised dishes

once that is done i will be reminding you that you offered to help me

:D

cheers

courtwba1
09-09-11, 16:44

1- Tuner A:

2- Tuner B:

Good luck!

were u say from the motor the cable leads to the switch, to which 3 fixed LNB'S are connected,the 4th is the motorized dish lnb .. well i only have the motorized lnb and connection that connects to the motor. how does this change your tutorial.....i only have a twin cable to the motorized dish and not 3

Rob van der Does
09-09-11, 18:01
Yes:
- from tuner B to motor INPUT; from the motor OUTPUT to the OUTPUT of the switch (after al this is the cable that goes to the tuner).
- The inputs of the switch are 3 of the 4 fixed (twin)LNB's; input #4 goes to the motorized LNB.

OK, re-reading your "I have now mounted a fixed dish to 28 east with a quad LNB and twin coaxial. I have bought a 4x1 DiSEqC switch...what I want to know is how to connect it all up and how to config the vu duo": If I understand you correctly you want each tuner to have a connection with the 28E and with the motorized dish. Correct?

If so, I would suggest the following:
Tuner A: direct connection to the fixed dish, no switch there.
Tuner B: the same way as I have my setup (but obviuosly leaving the switch inputs 2&3 open (for possible later use)).
I see no way you could connect the motorized LNB to both tuners as well as the 28E, as there is no way to tell the tuner B to leave the satellite steering to tuner A.

I hope I understood you correctly (and if not I'm sure you're going to tell me :D )