PDA

View Full Version : Crash on viewing EPG for Canal Digitaal 23.5E

captain jack
07-09-11, 10:09
Sorry to be bombarding the board with questions...! I have an issue with EPG from Canal Digitaal channels on 23.5e. Whenever I look at the EPG or even do the mini-EPG browse thing from the info bar, I get a green screen after about 10 seconds. I don't seem to get it on any other packages (although I haven't tested many). Using default VIX skin.

Here are the logs.

Also, I noticed this in logs - "got unsupported FEC from frontend! report as FEC_AUTO!". I can see this on-screen actually, when I look at the transponder information with FEC constantly changing from Auto to 1/2 etc. Is this the intended behaviour?

Sicilian
07-09-11, 10:40
Re-scan the satellite and check again.

Also have you setup any of the epg importers?

captain jack
07-09-11, 10:44
Will rescan, thanks. I haven't set up any importers - it's all on default settings. Does give me a pretty full EPG though, not just now/next.

pooface
07-09-11, 10:51
Also, have you ran a system update? iirc, 2.2.100 has updates to it that fix epg problems (or were the epg problems fixed as part of .100, can't remember :p)

captain jack
07-09-11, 11:06
Yep, I have... but I think before EPG got downloaded.

captain jack
07-09-11, 16:25
OK, I think it's skin related. I have tried it on Sky UK EPG and it also crashed. Tried Magic skin (and also the default) and it didn't crash.

So... another problem :) For some reason, I cannot download skins. I can see them in "VIX > Manage Extensions" menu but when I select the skins to download, press "Process", it doesn't download anything. It says "Installed or upgraded 0 packages with 0 errors".

I can also see that there's an update to VIX skin in "Packet manager" menu, but again, pressing OK on and confirming that I want to download it gives me the same error as above.

Any ideas?

Sicilian
07-09-11, 19:48
OK, I think it's skin related. I have tried it on Sky UK EPG and it also crashed. Tried Magic skin (and also the default) and it didn't crash.

So... another problem :) For some reason, I cannot download skins. I can see them in "VIX > Manage Extensions" menu but when I select the skins to download, press "Process", it doesn't download anything. It says "Installed or upgraded 0 packages with 0 errors".

I can also see that there's an update to VIX skin in "Packet manager" menu, but again, pressing OK on and confirming that I want to download it gives me the same error as above.

Any ideas?

To install skins do as follows: -

HOLD DOWN Blue button > Green button Download plugings > Skins.

Please post your crashlogs.

captain jack
07-09-11, 21:34
Ahhhh! That works!

I've reloaded the VIX HD skin and no more crashes!