PDA

View Full Version : Vu UNO TV Remote Code

silverfox0786
05-09-11, 20:09
Hi guys i got a philips 8000 series TV

and although the manual says the remote is made with Philips technology and there is a code for philips i cant get it to work on my TV

has any one managed to get it to work and what code have they used

Larry-G
05-09-11, 20:17
i got the same problem mate. got a toshiba tv my self and theres only one code listed which dose not work for me. i also tried the manual way by setting the RC into learn mode and then pressing the power button till it switches off. ( well kept that going for a hour and a half before i gave up or i was going to throw the remote through the TV )

silverfox0786
05-09-11, 20:18
yeah mate i know what u mean i gave up in the end too

Stanman
05-09-11, 20:29
Don't worry the UNO is not the only one with this issue, ET one is no better, used all the codes for the sammy and none work.:confused:

Alanp
05-09-11, 20:35
Had the same issue with my Panasonic and the Uno remote

silverfox0786
05-09-11, 20:40
Don't worry the UNO is not the only one with this issue, ET one is no better, used all the codes for the sammy and none work.:confused:

got the ET remote working on my Philips first time

Stanman
05-09-11, 20:43
Yours is a newer telly probably whereas mine is about 3 years old, thats half the reason I was looking for a 515, pisses me off trying to shut it down in the dark.

silverfox0786
05-09-11, 20:45
Yours is a newer telly probably whereas mine is about 3 years old, thats half the reason I was looking for a 515, pisses me off trying to shut it down in the dark.

i got 2 philips TVS and a BEKO

all ranging from 7 years old down to the new 3d one

and the funny thing is all 3 tvs i use the same 1 code to use the remote

i think BEKO has phips technology as well so the remote works on that as well with philips code

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 04:45
Although not an answer to your question, but: just use a Logitech Harmony. Being "activity based" it's always the better choice. And no need to go for an expensive one: the 600 is just fine (but never buy the 200/300).

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 06:54
Although not an answer to your question, but: just use a Logitech Harmony. Being "activity based" it's always the better choice. And no need to go for an expensive one: the 600 is just fine (but never buy the 200/300).

lol

as you say not really a solutoin

and considering I have a Harmony One and a Harmony 900

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 07:33
lol

as you say not really a solutoin

and considering I have a Harmony One and a Harmony 900
So why on earth would you want to use an original R/C???

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 08:04
So why on earth would you want to use an original R/C???

its just me matey

i have always been a original person always used originals rather than universal

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 08:09
Ahhhh, you just like making live difficult for yourself :eek:

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 08:11
Ahhhh, you just like making live difficult for yourself :eek:

na just for you :roflmao:

punisher
06-09-11, 08:12
Lol the harmony 900 works a treat with these vu box's only have to programme a couple of commands to keys that are missing but works great. Love the favorite channels too that you can assign images too lol this remote makes u so dam lazy its unreal haha

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 08:19
Lol the harmony 900 works a treat with these vu box's only have to programme a couple of commands to keys that are missing but works great. Love the favorite channels too that you can assign images too lol this remote makes u so dam lazy its unreal haha

your a joker

the remotes not making you lazy its you lazy anyway

punisher
06-09-11, 08:26
Doooo one haterrr lol serious though the remotes awsome.

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 10:27
Doooo one haterrr lol serious though the remotes awsome.

:roflmao:

dont start please

i just sold the harmony One at a very happy price gonna close thread now

and im really considering selling the 900 just for the cash so please dont do this to me

half of me wants t keep it but then the other half is a fooking greedy guts thats looking at the profit potensial

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 10:57
Tell me what's wrong with the 900.

pooface
06-09-11, 11:07
Tell me what's wrong with the 900.

Nothing I don't think, he's just a greedy f00ker :p

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 11:11
Nothing I don't think, he's just a greedy f00ker :p
Hmmm, being a betatester for the Harmony's I must admit I don't like that :mad:

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 11:15
Hmmm, being a betatester for the Harmony's I must admit I don't like that :mad:

oh well :lol3: ;)

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 11:23
But seriously: I don't say that the Harmony's have no flaws (they do: Logitech doesn't always listen to their testers....), but is there a serious reason not to use the 900? Really, having seen the activity based functionality (never command a device, but a functionality), you don't understand you could ever live without that!
So if I can help you there, let me know (and Logitech also has a very good and free help desk, both via phone as per e-mail).

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 11:29
But seriously: I don't say that the Harmony's have no flaws (they do: Logitech doesn't always listen to their testers....), but is there a serious reason not to use the 900? Really, having seen the activity based functionality (never command a device, but a functionality), you don't understand you could ever live without that!
So if I can help you there, let me know (and Logitech also has a very good and free help desk, both via phone as per e-mail).

900 is a nice remote dont get me wrong

i brought it to use just getting the $ $ twinklw in me eyes thats all

the One is a nice one too just difference is the One has no colour buttons where as 900 does

Rob van der Does
06-09-11, 11:39
the One is a nice one too just difference is the One has no colour buttons where as 900 does
And the lack of (hard)colorbuttons makes the One useless for many users in Europe. It was designed for the US/CA market, where colorbuttons are hardly being used.

silverfox0786
06-09-11, 11:41
And the lack of (hard)colorbuttons makes the One useless for many users in Europe. It was designed for the US/CA market, where colorbuttons are hardly being used.

yes i agree

thing is at time of buying didnt realise there was no colour buttons
thats why i got the 900

but at the price i payed i just cant hold myself to sell it on