PDA

View Full Version : 6ft Pole type for Mounting 1.1m Motorised dish.

04-09-11, 22:25
Hi,

I'm looking to install a 1.1m motorised dish using some T&K brackets.

Question is what type of pole can I use safely with this. Was trying to find 6ft scaffholding poles which finding hard to find.

But I have seen some arial mast poles on ebay which I wonder will do the trick. The ones on ebay list description as:
"6' x 1.25" Alloy aerial mast/ pole, Suitable for mounting upto 52 element aerials, Alloy pole 16 gauge metal for extra strength".

Is this type of pole good enough from what folk have used?

Thanks

silverfox0786
04-09-11, 22:37
i would use a scafiold pole they better

if you was close to me i got a load of them poles at home

and i aint posting as they are heavy

Hontch
04-09-11, 22:43
Doesn't seem very substantial to mount a big dish one to me.

Galvanized water pipe is available in different sizes, and pretty cheap, can you not take a trip to your local steel stockholder?

fintannl
04-09-11, 23:09
have a td110 motorized myself. check out --- for a wall L mount. its what i use and it works perfectly

[forum sponsor only]

basilyoung
05-09-11, 00:11
is this for a gable install or for a south faceing wall

if south faceing wall, mount the dish between the t/k mount

in any event, use a t/k mount, or k/k mount

05-09-11, 08:05
is this for a gable install or for a south faceing wall

if south faceing wall, mount the dish between the t/k mount

in any event, use a t/k mount, or k/k mount

It's going on side of a flat garage roof. Was thinking T&K bracket on the side so the pole is up and the dish is above the garage if you know what I mean....

Alec
05-09-11, 23:09
Hi,

I'm looking to install a 1.1m motorised dish using some T&K brackets.

Question is what type of pole can I use safely with this. Was trying to find 6ft scaffholding poles which finding hard to find.

But I have seen some arial mast poles on ebay which I wonder will do the trick. The ones on ebay list description as:
"6' x 1.25" Alloy aerial mast/ pole, Suitable for mounting upto 52 element aerials, Alloy pole 16 gauge metal for extra strength".

Is this type of pole good enough from what folk have used?

Thanks You should be looking for at least 2"- 50mm galvanised pole. Anything less could move in the wind.

kubo
06-09-11, 20:24
You should be looking for at least 2"- 50mm galvanised pole. Anything less could move in the wind.

Forget moving......... a 1.1m dish will snap a 1.25 pole in a strong wind!!!

machare
08-09-11, 01:09
Was trying to find 6ft scaffholding poles which finding hard to find.

I suggest that you consult the yellow pages to find a scaffolding supplier. Even if they wont sell the scaffolding themselves they make know someone who does. I have jsut bought some!

08-09-11, 06:54
I've managed to get hold of one from a local satellite shop for £15. I think it's aluminium all the way through. Win!