PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my Vu+ Uno

captain jack
04-09-11, 16:01
After a lot of pondering, I finally ordered a Vu+ Uno receiver. Being a long time Dreambox user (both E1 and E2), I am hoping it won't be a huge learning curve.

For now I have one question. I have made a system backup onto a USB stick from Dreambox 800 - basically channels lists, tuner settings + some softcam configuration files. Can I stick this into the Uno when I receive it and it will restore it as Dreambox does or do I need to do everything from scratch. Not a problem if so, but was hoping the set up to be as painless as possible.

silverfox0786
04-09-11, 16:50
For now I have one question. I have made a system backup onto a USB stick from Dreambox 800 - basically channels lists, tuner settings + some softcam configuration files. Can I stick this into the Uno when I receive it and it will restore it as Dreambox does or do I need to do everything from scratch. Not a problem if so, but was hoping the set up to be as painless as possible.

not really no
Best to setup UNO rom sratch then make a backup for furure restores

captain jack
04-09-11, 16:59
Thought as much. I guess I can still use the likes of DreamSet to upload channel lists?

Sicilian
04-09-11, 17:02
You can use your Enigma 2 settings / bouquets from your DM800 and your softcam configs.

satplustv
05-09-11, 21:19
I too recently changed from a DM800 to a VU+ Uno and its the best move i have ever made.....

I needed some support initialy re image choice (VIX ¡s the Best IMHO) and a few other things but this was no problem on this site because everybody jumps to your rescue very quickly with easy to follow advice and support so do not worry.

The box its self is FAR FAR FAR superior to the DM800 and packed with many improvements and so far i have found it virtualy BUG free.

Enjoy :)

SPTV

captain jack
06-09-11, 13:09
It's here, it's here! :D

Sicilian
06-09-11, 13:15
Nice one, hope you enjoy iy :)