PDA

View Full Version : Is VPN on the ET9000 possible

josweet
02-09-11, 12:46
Im about to upgrading my DM800 to ET9000 but my entire share is VPN based. As a VPN search on here came back with zero results, could someone point me in the right direction of how to get VPN on a ET9000.
Thanks, et9000 noob :(

silverfox0786
02-09-11, 12:48
yes it is

VIX image has VPN included

not sure ow to set it up but should be the same

and as a side note CS talk not allowed here

btw welcome to the forum josweet

pooface
02-09-11, 12:51
It is open vpn tho isn't it? So can't use any vpn?!

Sent with Tapatalk

josweet
02-09-11, 16:21
yes it is

VIX image has VPN included

not sure ow to set it up but should be the same

and as a side note CS talk not allowed here

btw welcome to the forum josweet
Silverfox, nice to see you mate & thanks for the quick answer . Im glad to be here and really looking forward to learning all about this box ... or not if i cant make it work ;)
Hours of fun & frustration ahead.
Sorry, for the talk in first post, wont happen again.

It is open vpn tho isn't it? So can't use any vpn?!

Sent with Tapatalk
Open VPN is what im currently using on a dm800, so shouldnt be a problem ... i hope :rolleyes:

pooface
02-09-11, 16:53
Open VPN is what im currently using on a dm800, so shouldnt be a problem ... i hope :rolleyes:

Well, gimme you login details, and I'll give it a test for ya ;) :p hehe

josweet
02-09-11, 18:41
No problem, ill post them on this thread. Just be sure to to not let anyone else see my ip address and login details... ok :D

silverfox0786
02-09-11, 18:43
No problem, ill post them on this thread. Just be sure to to not let anyone else see my ip address and login details... ok :D

dont post em here mate

send em to pooface via pm

pooface
02-09-11, 18:47
dont post em here mate

send em to pooface via pm

I think he was joking matey ;) Well, imagine that's what the :D face was about ;) I know I was, as doubt anyone would give their details out. Especially when passwords can be changed so easily :mad: :rolleyes:

silverfox0786
02-09-11, 18:50
:roflamo:

make a fool of me once good for you make a fool of me twice shame on you

:lol3:

madmanuk
11-09-11, 14:22
hi lads sozz to jump in but how do you setup a VPN on a box.
thanks

Rimmel
11-09-11, 15:15
Surely you'd setup VPN from router to router. e.g. I can setup a VPN from mine to my mates house then everything behind that that he shares is accessable like on a local network. I can use his printers etc etc.

madmanuk
11-09-11, 15:55
mines a belkin and i carn't see vpn on there,If it was setup on the router will this be safer for cs and would the clients need to have vpn swell.
thanks