PDA

View Full Version : VIX 2.2.x and Multiboot

dixons
01-09-11, 10:44
I have been using VIX 2.1 and recently decided to give 2.2 a try. However, I cannot seem to get it to load in Multiboot (Meoboot). I even tried loading it in flash and but then I can't install Multiboot so I am restricted to using jsut the 1 image if I choose VIX 2.2

Does anyone know how to get Vix 2.2 working with multiboot?

pooface
01-09-11, 11:46
ViX does not support multiboot... If others do get it to work, then good for them, but we would not say it's a good ideas, due to different drivers between images etc...

Also, with the ViX image, it's simple enough to try out a different image. Go to vix menu, and choose image manager, then take a backup of the current full image. Flash your new image and set it up how you want it. If you like it, great. If not, then you can easily restore the previous image to exactly how it was before...

Also, with 2.3 (currently still beta :p), there is a nifty backup utility (can't remember if it's in 2.2), which allows you to easily upgrade images and restore everything straight away ;) After reflashing, you're up and running within minutes :)

canthackit
01-09-11, 15:44
OK PF

where's this 2.3 then :D

regards: canthackit

pooface
01-09-11, 15:48
OK PF

where's this 2.3 then :D

There's been a delay because global climate changes. :alien:

canthackit
01-09-11, 17:59
you had me hunting around then, i thought it was out and i'd missed it :D

pooface
02-09-11, 08:57
you had me hunting around then, i thought it was out and i'd missed it :D

:fart2::p:whistle: hehe

Just amended my post ;)

Rob van der Does
02-09-11, 18:24
Also, with 2.3 (currently still beta :p), there is a nifty backup utility (can't remember if it's in 2.2), which allows you to easily upgrade images and restore everything straight away ;) After reflashing, you're up and running within minutes :)
That indeed works great, but unfortunately only for ViX images.