PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] My new Xtrend does not boot!

drspiros
31-08-11, 18:46
Hi all. I bought yesterday the ET5000 model with PLi firmware preloaded. Suddenly, when I turned it off through the powerswitch at the rear panel and turned it on again, it didn't boot up, only the red led was on, with no further action. Please help.

Stanman
31-08-11, 18:58
Do you have any USB plugged in pull them out and than try.

Did it ever boot up?

If yes to the above, you can try to reflash it with VIX or PLI.

drspiros
31-08-11, 19:03
Before I turned it off through the back switcher it was OK. No USB is attached. How can I reflash it? thx

Stanman
31-08-11, 19:38
Which image do you want to use?

I would obviouly recommned VIX.

You need to download the image and load it onto a USB stick - make sure its formatted and no other folders are on it.

Download VIX from here and extract to your desktop and copy and paste the folder ET9000 to your usb stick.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9747-ViX-Team-ClarkeTech-Xtrend-ET9000-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011

Put the reciver into deepstandby and power off from the back, stick the USB in the front and power on from the back, when you get the prompt on the boxes LCD to flash image press the OK button ON the front of the box and rest it will do itself. You will need to upload settings etc.

When you flash a new image - you LOSE everything that is already on the box.

drspiros
31-08-11, 19:44
Sorry again, how do I put the receiver in deepstandby? How do I get the prompt on the boxes LCD to flash image? I repeat, it does not boot, there is no life except that red led that remains always on!

Stanman
31-08-11, 19:49
Switch the box off from the back.
Load the image on to a USB as per post 4, will need to do this at your PC
Put the USB on the front port - pull the flap down on the right of the box as you look at it.
Switch the box on from the back
flash image will appear automatically on the front LCD.

drspiros
31-08-11, 19:58
It's a 5000 model my friend, there is no LCD, only LEDS. I have done all the steps you've suggested, but there is no process.

Sicilian
31-08-11, 20:33
Have you tried re-flashing the bootloader?

drspiros
31-08-11, 21:02
Yes but with no success. It seems like there is not enough power. The red led is not as bright as it was when the receiver was ok. Is there any forced update through RS232? thx

Sicilian
31-08-11, 21:11
I'd recommend talking to your supplier.

copex
01-09-11, 09:56
have you read this?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8141-How-to-flash-Upgrade-ET5000-via-USB-memory-stick

Format USB memory stick FAT32.

Create et5000 folder in root of memory stick and copy the following 5 files to that location.

1) boot.bin
2) kernel.bin
3) rootfs.bin
4) imageversion
5) unforce

Insert the USB medium into either USB sockets on the front or rear panel.
Now Power Off and Power On the box through the powerswitch at the rear panel of the box.

After Power On, ET5000 is detecting if there is ET5000 firmware available on the USB stick.
When the yellow/orange led shines then there is ET5000 firmware detected.
To load the ET5000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the frontpanel.
When the green led will shine together with he yellow/orange led then the box is loading the firmware.
Please be patient because it will take couple of minutes to finish upgrading.
When the yellow/orange led will disappear then the box is finished upgrading the firmware.
The box will startup automatically after the upgrade is finished.

-Note-
During upgrading, please don't unplug power or shut down STB.
The frontpanel has 3 leds: RED, GREEN, YELLOW/ORANGE

drspiros
01-09-11, 10:20
Unfortunately YES! That's how all my problems began. It seems like the receiver freezes when I connect a memory stick to the front panel. When I put the receiver out of power for at least half an hour, then it boots, but if I connect a stick to the front panel, I power the box off and on again, then it freezes.

Sicilian
01-09-11, 10:22
Unfortunately YES! That's how all my problems began. It seems like the receiver freezes when I connect a memory stick to the front panel. When I put the receiver out of power for at least half an hour, then it boots, but if I connect a stick to the front panel, I power the box off and on again, then it freezes.

Try another USB stick.

punisher
01-09-11, 12:52
Also try the back usb ports

drspiros
03-09-11, 17:38
Thanks guys, everything's Ok with another USB stick inserted in the back panel. Now I have to check the stick to the front one.