PDA

View Full Version : Best Media Player for Duo/Vix Image

killz187
29-08-11, 21:56
Can anyone point me to a media player that will do the following:at moment when I create a playlist in Media player it only plays the one file/track at a time then stops and not one after the other as I would like it . Is there a Media player that does this?I have lots of Music Videos/Peppa Pig Videos for my daughter that are about 5mins long and would like to put them in one directory or folder so when i play them can skip to next one.If thats not possible is there a way of joining them to make it into one long video. :confused:

silverfox0786
29-08-11, 23:15
well you can trancode them making them one log video file

best option

or try project valerie plugin

not used myself but is very popular

killz187
29-08-11, 23:25
well you can trancode them making them one log video file

best option

or try project valerie plugin

not used myself but is very popular

How do i Trancode them to make one long video file please?I have Project Valerie which i use as well but it does not do that as well.

silverfox0786
29-08-11, 23:30
you need to get PC software that transcodes video files

many popular ones like

imtoo, ashampoo, Xilisoft, Divx Plus and many others

try one that is user friendly

look at official website for guides and screenshots and see what you like best

xarqi
29-08-11, 23:34
First, I don't know of a media player that will do what you want, but I,m wondering if VLC might not give that facility. It could be indirect though, with the files resident on your computer, and then streamed by VLC to your Vu+. Maybe someone more familiar with VLC streaming could comment.

Transcoding would not be necessary, but joining the files is certainly an approach to take.
If it were me, I'd copy the files to my computer and join them using MPEG Streamclip, then save the joined file and copy it back to the Vu+ (Actually, I'd keep it in my video archive and access it across my network from the Vu+).

MPEG Streamclip is free, available for Mac and Windows, and quite powerful. Joining isn't one of the easier tasks though. If you decide to take this route, I'm happy to talk you through it if needed.

There may be other simpler ways of joining the .TS files too. Anyone?

killz187
29-08-11, 23:45
Thanks for the help guys will give the above a try this week,I have about 4GB of Peppa Pig videos to sort out.:)

xarqi
30-08-11, 00:24
I've got about 3 TB of files that need editing! :(

Tyler
30-08-11, 07:05
Extreamer pro is one of the best media players that u can buy.
Highly recommend them.

xarqi
30-08-11, 08:44
Highly recommend them.
I took it that the OP was looking for a software solution for use on the Vu+ Duo, but maybe I got that wrong, and maybe a separate dedicated Media Player could be the way to go. If so, I've heard good things about jailbroken Apple TV 2s, and I tried a bunch of WD devices, all of which had "deal-breaker" aspects. I just use my Vu+ Duo.

killz187
30-08-11, 21:35
Highly recommend them.
I was looking for a looking for a software solution for use with my Vu+Duo to make thing easy have no more room left on my Av Rack.:)

sivhead
01-09-11, 15:13
can you not teach your daughter how to choose the peppa pig videos from the list using the remote control.. My daughter is 4 and she can do this.

killz187
01-09-11, 18:08
can you not teach your daughter how to choose the peppa pig videos from the list using the remote control.. My daughter is 4 and she can do this.

She is only 2, I would not let her near my Duo remote at the moment.Have the weekend free will see what i can come up with.
Is the media player in the Duo part of the Vix image or not?

plusser
02-09-11, 16:34
Can anyone point me to a media player that will do the following:at moment when I create a playlist in Media player it only plays the one file/track at a time then stops and not one after the other as I would like it . Is there a Media player that does this?I have lots of Music Videos/Peppa Pig Videos for my daughter that are about 5mins long and would like to put them in one directory or folder so when i play them can skip to next one.If thats not possible is there a way of joining them to make it into one long video. :confused:

I think the integral media player is supposed to be able to play files in bulk (ie. one after other). Problem is it's a bunch of cr*p and doesn't work!

+er

omega99
04-09-11, 04:21
I use enhanced movie center 2.0.2 to play recorded movies on the VU+ Duo, I don't know if it will stream over a network.
The player has been very stable & without incident so far

Rob van der Does
04-09-11, 12:20
I use enhanced movie center 2.0.2 to play recorded movies on the VU+ Duo..
AFAIK EMC hardly adds any functionality to ViX: so I'm very interested to know why you choose to use that.

And besides: EMC hacks a number of systemfiles: that can lead to problems after an update and when de-installing EMC

omega99
08-09-11, 10:33
AFAIK EMC hardly adds any functionality to ViX: so I'm very interested to know why you choose to use that.

And besides: EMC hacks a number of systemfiles: that can lead to problems after an update and when de-installing EMC

I used the older version,then update to the current as the built in media player gave me problems all the time. EMC has been working flawlessly so far(touch wood)
updated to 2.2.110 without issue.

what other media player is there?

Rob van der Does
08-09-11, 13:11
I used the older version,then update to the current as the built in media player gave me problems all the time. EMC has been working flawlessly so far(touch wood)
Hmmm, strange: the Mediaplayer is just a GUI that doesn't in itself have any functionality. The default should play without any problems (and it does here): can you be more specific about what kind of problems you experienced?