PDA

View Full Version : items needed for multiroom

hav it
28-08-11, 12:52
what extra items would i need to have multiroom running off my setup, at the moment i have standard lmb and uv duo with motorised dish.

silverfox0786
28-08-11, 13:17
another vu duo to start with hehe

twin or quad lnb

a motorised wouldnt be ideal a fixed is better

you cant turn 1 motor on 2 receivers nor can yoiu set 2nd box to mimic sat positions so you will always get tune failed

this is a FTA setup i have explained

for payed setup please refer to the card issuer

hav it
28-08-11, 13:24
so i would be better off using my old sly dish and sticking a dreambox on it, Is there no way i would be able to move sat positions on both or enable the multiroom to to watch other sat position channels.

The Bishop
28-08-11, 18:00
You might consider using a multiswitch with a quattro LNB.

If you have several dishes that you want to combine the signals from, then get an "8 in" multiswitch which will take the quattro LNB signals from 2 independent dishes and consolidate them. Then on the output side to your receivers get an "8 out" so you have 8 cables to your receivers each one with all the signals from both dishes piped along every cable.

If you shop around on the auction site there are occasionaly "8 in 8 out" switches going cheap enough 2nd user. In addition, if you want to go triple room or quadro room later you have the feeds ready.

The Bishop

fintannl
29-08-11, 13:03
i have two dishes, one static and the other motorized. both dishes are connected to the two tuners of the vu+. i also have two cables from these two dishes going to my dm500 upstairs. if i want to watch s*y on my dm500 i plug in the one cable from my s*y static dish. if i want to watch another satellite upstairs i simply swing the motorized dish to that sat using my vu+ and then connect in the cable from my motorized dish to the dm500