PDA

View Full Version : pissed off with my job (collecting redundant it)

boorat
28-08-11, 12:43
why the f##king hell do bosses think the can just swap and change working hours as and when they want (3 times in 12 month) and how the hell am i expected to fit 40 servers 50 pcs 50 crt monitors and loads of other shit on to a transit van :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and runs like start: warrington to eastbourne then to canterbury then to huntingdon and back to warrington....wtf...:mad::mad::mad:

rant over

Donnie
28-08-11, 12:47
Strange first post,
I guess having a job these days makes you better off than many, it's hard times so I guess you will just have to bite your tongue .

Stanman
28-08-11, 13:29
I can make the run shorter for you, drop them all of at mine:D

boorat
29-08-11, 13:30
wish i could, most of it is crap, there is some decent stuff at times though, pm if in any need of it stuff... servers, pcs, etc... in response to donnie i suppose i am lucky to have a job in the current ecomomic climate.. still pisses me off though:mad:

Stanman
29-08-11, 16:08
Its the same every mate, I manage a team and my immediate manager took redundancy in April and his work has been divided up between myself and the other team leader. The firm has saved itself £50,000+ and we have ended up with more work, stress and pay cut to boot as no rise for the last two years.:mad::mad:

Conaxthewarrior
15-10-11, 18:33
I feel I can relate to your predicament as I once used be with BT at their eastbourne exchange doing phone & line repairs and the boss began pileing it on, first single phones then guest house single lines in with numerous extentions finally switching equipment at small hotels. Ok, but I was promised a "slow" intro to these systems but found myself thrown on courses and out to repairs thereof within a few months of starting.
The boss even expected any coin box repair jobs to be done while driving back to base even after our 8 daily repair job requirements had been met! Working through lunch breaks was commonplace.
I found I was spending time stressly worring about the job and finally said "sod it" and went.

All this happened during the 1980's when unemployment was at almost 3 million but dispite this, I found it actually better not being under this pressure 40 hours a week every week, it was begining to affect me psycologically.
Isn't it sad that there's been so much tech, social & political change since the 1980's but little to none to the rudaments of daily life.

aftermath
15-10-11, 19:47
wish i could, most of it is crap, there is some decent stuff at times though, pm if in any need of it stuff... servers, pcs, etc... in response to donnie i suppose i am lucky to have a job in the current ecomomic climate.. still pisses me off though:mad:

your PM box is full

Stanman
15-10-11, 21:52
LMAOI bet he regrets making that post.:D

Perhaps I should have taken him up on the offer.

Likvid
08-05-12, 21:50
Jeeez...who uses CRTs these days? your back must hurt as hell after lifting all those monitors.