PDA

View Full Version : VU+Duo and Jaeger SuperJack DG-120 Motor

snapperoonie
27-08-11, 16:24
I've had the above motor for years (it hasn't even got 28E in the pre stored satellite list) and never installed it as my trusty old independent (non DiSEqC) motor and positioner has served me well up untill now.
Before i get up the ladders i have been messing around to make sure i can get the thing to work and having no joy whatsoever.
I have connected the motor to the Duo and a spare LNB in the living room with fly leads, installed Catseye settings and set the Duo tuner settings to
Tuner A
Simple
Positioner
And installed my latitude and longitude.
Tuner B
Not confgured
When i select a channel i expected the motor to move but all i get is the moving dish logo and nothing happens.
If i enter the positioner setup menu i can move the motor via the positioner storage numbers and the yellow goto button and it moves to what appears to be the correct position according to the scale on the motor and the pre-stored satellites list in the manual that came with the motor.
If anyone can help me get this thing working i would be eternally gratefull as i have been struggling with this for over a week now and am just about pulling out the last strands of my ever diminishing grey locks as i type this. :confused::confused:
BTW i am running VIX 2.2.110
Thanks in anticipation.
snapperoonie.

Larry-G
27-08-11, 16:33
you need to setup a position for every location you want to use by going into advanced settings.

have a look at these

thanks to bassethound for uploading them. ( came in handy when i needed help on the same issue )

snapperoonie
27-08-11, 16:48
I know there is a thanks button but i have no chance of trying this tonight and will try in the morning and hopefully report back success :)
Does it matter what storage positin i give to each sat?
Regards,
snapperoonie

Larry-G
27-08-11, 16:58
I know there is a thanks button but i have no chance of trying this tonight and will try in the morning and hopefully report back success :)
Does it matter what storage positin i give to each sat?
Regards,
snapperoonie

no it does not really matter what position you give each location. i just use 1 to 10 for the satellites i use 28.2 east to 30.0 west

snapperoonie
29-08-11, 20:27
Had another mess today and i seem to be sorted now, will know for sure when i actually install the beast after i get my specially modified wall brackets back from the galvanisers

Larry-G
29-08-11, 20:32
well i have the exact same motor my self and this is how i set it up as above.

silverfox0786
29-08-11, 21:49
well i have the exact same motor my self and this is how i set it up as above.

cool so you managed to install it then

Larry-G
29-08-11, 21:55
cool so you managed to install it then

yeah did it last week on my hollidays . and while i had the ladder out i also put up a second mini dish.

silverfox0786
29-08-11, 22:42
yeah did it last week on my hollidays . and while i had the ladder out i also put up a second mini dish.

sweet

nice one bud

im just glad it actually worked

lmao

been sat in my garage boxed up for teh best part of 2 years

very glad its been made good use of