PDA

View Full Version : Switch from tuner b to a on a duo

Foxylady
27-08-11, 10:44
I recently installed a standard dish for recording, but the duo uses that as my main sat.
Problem is how can i switch from tuner B sky dish to tune A the motorised.
Thank you

jfk
27-08-11, 10:55
I recently installed a standard dish for recording, but the duo uses that as my main sat.
Problem is how can i switch from tuner B sky dish to tune A the motorised.
Thank you

Hi,

Do you have both A and B connected to sky cable? if yes and your turner is set up properly it will be automatically switch if you are recording on for example turner A.
or what you are saying is that you have motorised dish and standard dish now ,if so, on my vu dou i have a Turner A set up for moterise dish and turner B for 28.2

Stanman
27-08-11, 15:58
Try putting the motorised on tuner B and fixed on A

Foxylady
27-08-11, 18:05
Will try that thanks.
It works fine recording well, last week was when i found the fault and thus this post.
I had 3 recordings 2 of them were on straight after each other on same channel, so it recorded the first one, then it came to the 2 together and recorded the 1st one of that fine, then when it came to the 2nd recording out of the 2 close together a notice came up NO FREE TUNER and i could only watch what was on same transponder as the last recording.
Why did it do this?
Thanks

Rob van der Does
28-08-11, 18:29
If "preferred tuner "(in Menu --> customize) is set to "Auto" the box will decide which tuner will be used. There is a very simple algorithm for that: the first tuner to be used, is the tuner with the least possibilities. So if you have a fixed & a motorized dish, the tuner with the fixed dish will always be used (if the channel can be received on that satellite). If you want it otherwise, you can set "preferred tuner" to either A or B.

Foxylady
29-08-11, 17:17
Thank you for that information, i did not realize their was a setting for this.
Much appreciated :D:thumbsup: