PDA

View Full Version : How to mount Vu+ Duo

Halling51
27-08-11, 09:29
How do I get into the Vu+ duo when the box has a wrong settings and satelite.xml?

Is there a file I can load into a USB stick the box has to read when starting up containing new settings?

I am stuck on this matter now for 2 days.

Thanks

jfk
27-08-11, 11:25
Download the latest dreamboxEdit and use it to load any of the setting of your choice in enigma2 section.

Halling51
27-08-11, 11:31
Download the latest dreamboxEdit and use it to load any of the setting of your choice in enigma2 section.

The only problem is that I can't enter the box!

Is there a way the VU+ Duo can read from the USB when I turn it on to re-enter the files?

Thanks in advance.

jfk
27-08-11, 11:43
The only problem is that I can't enter the box!

Is there a way the VU+ Duo can read from the USB when I turn it on to re-enter the files?

Thanks in advance.

Am not too sure if you can load satalite settings by usb. have tried using DreaboxEdit yet? you can down load the tool here,
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2936-Vu-Duo-amp-Solo-Toolbox-Ver.-3.1
You can aswell dowload dreambox edit plus the tutorial on how to enter the box here,

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...dition-4.0.1.0
tutorial here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...o-using-DBEdit

good luck

Larry-G
27-08-11, 12:18
why cant you login to the receiver ?

Halling51
27-08-11, 18:16
Thanks for the replies.

I am now into the box again after reinstall all! I think... But NO PICTURE!!!!!!!

I see the channels and all seems to be fine. NO picture. Do I need a cam setup even to normal channels?

Larry-G
27-08-11, 18:21
you do not need any cams setup to view the FTA channels such as BBC1 ITV1 etc, but you will need a cam /card setup for the premium channels such as sky sports etc.

Halling51
28-08-11, 01:06

Thanks for good replys.

I have now been able to update all the channels from VU+Duo that I have searched for. Good Lord it has been a struggle.

I have uploaded the files again.

But after restart the new setup for the satelittes are just the same as before. Showing the HD channels on Astra!!! This channels I can't see and trying to find my favorites - I have no clue still after a few days of reading from the forum.
I am frustrated now because this box seems to be very hard to find out about. I am only looking for News and Sport and my wife need to Polish but now I am not sure if I should keep it.
What can be wrong in my setup as I can't see anything on my TV?

Have to sleep after a full day of reading and research. Gd night.

Halling51
28-08-11, 08:22
Hi again
It seems I do have a problem as the VU+ duo having a green picture and the ViX loading is running constantly.

I was trying a lot last night and suddenly I got picture just by using the knobs on the remote control. I have no clue what I did as there was no updates or anything.
Then today an upload to the box started and then I had problems again with the load and reboot as it is never ending.

Is there a PDF or instruction off how every knob is working for Vix latest image and how to solve this reload all the time?

I am really stucked here now.

Thanks in advance