PDA

View Full Version : cron manager / swap file / oscam

tagteam3283
26-08-11, 12:17
three questions if i may chaps:

Can someone explain what the Cron Manager & Swap File options are for in the VIX menu please and if possible how to create a swap file. I already have a 1GB USB mounted with picons and image backup.

Also, i use CCCam ATM, would there be any reason to swap to Oscam. What is theer difference between the two?

Cheers

Stanman
26-08-11, 13:13
Swap file creates virtual ram for the box, go into setup and create amount and activate, only worth doing if box is sluggish.
Cron not sure but might be to run batch jobs you create.
Oscam move only benefit is picktv will clear

tagteam3283
26-08-11, 19:00
cheers for the reply stan

are you saying that if i use the "create swapfile" functionit will create the settings then stire them on the USB ounted 1GB stick? I tried this last time and the dou green-screened upon reboot and kept cycling so had to reinstall the backup image.

whats "picktv"? is that a sat package? FTA?

Larry-G
26-08-11, 19:11

are you saying that if i use the "create swapfile" functionit will create the settings then stire them on the USB ounted 1GB stick? I tried this last time and the dou green-screened upon reboot and kept cycling so had to reinstall the backup image.

pick tv is the channel that used to be called sky 3, it will not open at all with CCcam you need oscam for this channel.

Stanman
26-08-11, 22:05

I would not bother with creatings a swapfile unless you have an issue with lack of ram and in the normal course of things you won't. I am a great believer in doing something only when it is needed.

DeGea468
08-10-11, 17:17
I would not bother with creatings a swapfile unless you have an issue with lack of ram and in the normal course of things you won't. I am a great believer in doing something only when it is needed.Is there a way to check how much ram is being used or a way to be alerted if ram is getting low?

Stanman
08-10-11, 17:19
Menu>Information>System Information

DeGea468
08-10-11, 18:12
Thanks for your response, however i don't have 'system'.. only 'about' and 'service' :confused:

I did find a extension called 'cleanupwizard' that is meant to "automatically informs you on low internal memory"

How good is it? is it worth using?

Rob van der Does
08-10-11, 18:40
Menu>Information>System Information
Will be in there in the next version.