PDA

View Full Version : Blindscan Struggle

coleycoleycoley
25-08-11, 11:02
I'm a man on a mission and won't rest until I can figure out how to do a blindscan on my ET9000.

Whenever I try a blindscan, I get a message asking me to check my tuner config.

Can anyone please help me out with this. Surely someone, somewhere knows how to use this facility?

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.........

The Bishop
25-08-11, 19:21
Coley,

Its a bollox that blind scan, I sold my ET9000 because the blind scan was so crap.

The ET9000 is a real good receiver with top notch options but is badly let down by that bollox of a blind scan that needs 4 passes to scan a satellite full band. The 4 passes thing is a restiction of Enigma2 so I am informed and not just the ET9000, well they need to firking unrestrict it if they wish the box to be used by feed hunters and searchers.

If you want a decent blind scan box get shot of that ET9000, there are plenty of folks about who will buy it off you if the money is right.

The Bishop

Sicilian
25-08-11, 19:24
Coley,

Its a XXXXX that blind scan, I sold my ET9000 because the blind scan was so crap.

The ET9000 is a real good receiver with top notch options but is badly let down by that XXXXX of a blind scan that needs 4 passes to scan a satellite full band. The 4 passes thing is a restiction of Enigma2 so I am informed and not just the ET9000, well they need to firking unrestrict it if they wish the box to be used by feed hunters and searchers.

The Bishop

In future please mind your language here!

Maybe its just you that don't know how to get the best out of a linux receiver.

Sicilian
25-08-11, 19:26
Instead of slating the blindscan, why dont you post some help to the OP? I seem to remember you posting that you got it working.

Larry-G
25-08-11, 19:30
personally i quite like the 4 pass format blindscan of the E2 boxes, yes a single pass would be handy but it works more than adequately for me on the Uno.

The Bishop
25-08-11, 19:34
I did get it working but even then it was 4 passes to scan the full band of a satelite. There is nothing anyone can say that will improve the blind scan functionality of that ET9000 and I am helping the original poster by telling them the truth about the blind scan so they will not waste any more time with it.

I am telling it as it is, the blind scan is useless and not worth bothering with and no amount of guffaw about "not getting the best out of a linux receiver" will disguise that fact. The other funtionality of the ET9000 is excellent and the ViX image and support is also excellent but anyone who thinks the blind scan is even half reasonable is deluded.

Apologies about the deliberately and incorrectly spelt word that caused offense.

The Bishop

Sicilian
25-08-11, 20:06
I did get it working but even then it was 4 passes to scan the full band of a satelite. There is nothing anyone can say that will improve the blind scan functionality of that ET9000 and I am helping the original poster by telling them the truth about the blind scan so they will not waste any more time with it.

I am telling it as it is, the blind scan is useless and not worth bothering with and no amount of guffaw about "not getting the best out of a linux receiver" will disguise that fact. The other funtionality of the ET9000 is excellent and the ViX image and support is also excellent but anyone who thinks the blind scan is even half reasonable is deluded.

Apologies about the deliberately and incorrectly spelt word that caused offense.

The Bishop

So please explain how its fails? If you have the knowledge. Funny that such a bold statement is coming from someone who had trouble figuring out how to use a standard scan, let alone blindscan!

Many Enigma 2 users praise the Blindscan of Enigma 2 receiver as you have the capability to scan, High, low, vertical and horizontal.

So if you have no helpful info for the OP please do not bother posting here! Your useless sarcastic opinions are not welcome here! Not sure what you used to at other forums, but here at WOS we help members, not constantly request help and offer none in return to others!

Sicilian
25-08-11, 20:15
To the op, if your getting a message about tuner config, check you tuner settings and make sure your trying to scan a satellite that you are capable of receiving and you've set the correct tuner in blindscan settings. See attached screensot.