PDA

View Full Version : Duo - Common Interface - Video Guard

daturk
25-08-11, 07:58
Hi All

I just got myself a legal cam (NDS Video Guard) and duo doesn't seem to initialise it? Any ideas, do i need to turn off soft-cams for it to work? Or is there something i'm missing?

I have Vix 2.1 if it makes any difference and tried both slots.

Thanks

Eddie

Sicilian
25-08-11, 08:10
Have you rebooted the receiver after plugging in the CI?

daturk
25-08-11, 08:22
Hi Sicilian
I did, it came on for a few seconds and disappeared again. I could see it in the CI menu for a minute or so. Since i tried Reset, init, init card options but they don't seem to do anything. Do i need to change any of the options in there or do i need another plug in to get it to work? The cam is def working btw as it came out of a working receiver on Tuesday.
Very tempted to blame duo on this :)
Thanks again
Eddie

Sicilian
25-08-11, 09:22
If I'm honest, I never thought a NDS cam had been released anywhere.

What card are you using in the CI? If a UK NDS card it may need pairing.

Is the cam CI or CI+? If CI+ It wont work in Duo.

daturk
25-08-11, 09:35
Its CI, not CI+
And the card is already paired to the cam.. Should i perhaps try different images?
Thanks
Eddie

Larry-G
25-08-11, 09:47
If I'm honest, I never thought a NDS cam had been released anywhere.

What card are you using in the CI? If a UK NDS card it may need pairing.

Is the cam CI or CI+? If CI+ It wont work in Duo.

there are a few but out mainly for the Chinese NDS services

Sicilian
25-08-11, 09:59
Its CI, not CI+
And the card is already paired to the cam.. Should i perhaps try different images?
Thanks
Eddie

Try the official image. If not working maybe email VU+ about it.

Larry-G
25-08-11, 14:03
according to the few turkish sites i have just been on the cam / card should work fine on the Duo, cant verify this my self as i have not used either.

daturk
25-08-11, 18:45
according to the few turkish sites i have just been on the cam / card should work fine on the Duo, cant verify this my self as i have not used either.

Hi All

Me again.. The card/cam works.. I've tried with both official image and Vix (latest) ..... BUT..... Only if you physically remove it while its on (duo) and re-insert it. Surely this isn't a good thing to do? There must be an easier/safer way.

And Duo will lose the cam/card if you so much as put it in to standby... then you have to do the above again.. Turkish forums also saying the same thing.

Would this be something to contact Vu+ about?

Thanks to all again.

Eddie

Larry-G
25-08-11, 19:16
it's quite possible that the cam is not fully compatible with the receiver in which case a email to Vu would not hurt any thing, it could also be a fault with the hardware of the cams them selves in which case it is the cams producers who would have to rectify the fault.