PDA

View Full Version : How can i add a sat to latest vix image?

deckymckeown
24-08-11, 22:31
I am trying to add a satellite that is not appearing in the menu, when i go to tuner configuration and change the sat name, after Express A4 (14.0W) it jumps to 52e and i cant add see Hispasat 30.0w that i am trying to configure.

I dont want to transfer over any enigma settings pack as it mess up the configuration and channel lists that i already have. Surely there must be a way to add a sat from menu, or are there details that i can add to a sat config file?

Ta

Larry-G
24-08-11, 22:35
you need to ftp a new satellites.xml file tp your receiver with the transponder data for this location included.

you can make on here

http://satellites-xml.eu/

deckymckeown
24-08-11, 22:44
cheers phoenix, il give it a go

deckymckeown
24-08-11, 23:28
Easier said than done, ive downloaded the info for Hispasat in xml format from the site and then opened my existing xml file and copied these details into it. But the sat is still not showing in the tuner configuration

basilyoung
24-08-11, 23:30
reboot your unit, then go to tuner set up...and add your new sat

Larry-G
24-08-11, 23:34
Easier said than done, ive downloaded the info for Hispasat in xml format from the site and then opened my existing xml file and copied these details into it. But the sat is still not showing in the tuner configuration

to be honest i would ditch your own satellites.xml all together and generate a complete new file from the site i referenced.
then as baz said do a reboot.

deckymckeown
27-08-11, 19:23
to be honest i would ditch your own satellites.xml all together and generate a complete new file from the site i referenced.
then as baz said do a reboot.

Ok, ive went to http://satellites-xml.eu/ and rebuilt a new satellites.xml file with Hispasat 30w added and all the other sats that i need and are already pre-configured. I then rebooted the receiver and back into tuner configuration to add the sat and try to configure manually as diseqc.

Problem is though that even after reboot i still cant add this sat and my sats in the list at the tuner configuration section are exactly the same

deckymckeown
29-08-11, 13:34
Just an update to my post.... finally got Hispasat added as a Sat, couldnt add it with a newly configured satelites.xml file or an edited version with this sat added. I had to re-install Vix but this time start from scratch without restoring my settings from previous install

Larry-G
29-08-11, 13:37
well i'm chuffed you eventually got it sorted, the image may have been corrupted some where down the line as the addition of the necessary data in the satellites.xml should have been all that was needed.

Rob van der Does
30-08-11, 18:35
Leave the satellites.xml located in /etc/tuxbox in place. It is delivered by the image, and will be updated during an online update (and hence overwriting what you put in there).
Put your own file in /etc/enigma2 ; during start up Enigma will first look there if the file exists, and if so, it will be used. If it doesn't exist the image-file will be used.