PDA

View Full Version : Unusual message on screen

dmgp
23-08-11, 18:48
I am getting a message saying online version check error failure instance traceback etc I don't seem to be able to attach it to this but will try and see what happens, it doesn't fillthe screen is not centred and it cannot be scrolled, any help would be appreciated.

Larry-G
23-08-11, 19:06
from what i can gather your box tried to check the WoS server to see if any updates were available but could not find a internet connection.

punisher
23-08-11, 19:08
i think it was happening at the time when the site/server was down as i was getting that message too and noticed the W-o-S website was down too so just put it to that as being the host unreachable hence the onlinee version check error

fintannl
24-08-11, 13:50
i got this exact same problem. i rebuilt my vu+ duo but still the same problem. so i rebooted router and all came back up again working fine. strange one

Sicilian
24-08-11, 13:52
If anyone was getting this message yesterday it was most likely due to the W-o-S server been down yesterday until early afternoon. We also had a DNS issue.

fintannl
24-08-11, 13:57
sic, i just rebuilt my system today and got the same response. it does seem that when trying to connect to the wos server the router was put in a weird state over the past days. the only way to clear the problem was to reboot the router.

Sicilian
24-08-11, 14:04
sic, i just rebuilt my system today and got the same response. it does seem that when trying to connect to the wos server the router was put in a weird state over the past days. the only way to clear the problem was to reboot the router.

In that case you router was blocking internet access for your receiver.

fintannl
24-08-11, 17:17
was a bit weird all right. couldn't download plugins, and nothing was happening with epg either. however what was really strange was my cccam.cfg flines worked perfectly but cccam clines would not connect. Also tried in oscam with the exact same response

jd58
27-08-11, 17:30
Any update as I have the same problem today?

Please Sic how do you stop thd router blocking the reciever??:confused: (This has never happened before)

silverfox0786
27-08-11, 17:39
Any update as I have the same problem today?

Please Sic how do you stop thd router blocking the reciever??:confused: (This has never happened before)

its not that mate

its just a case of the box not setting ip fast enoughand an online check gets done which then gives the message

its all about init times

its a message not to worry about trust me

jd58
27-08-11, 17:43
Ipaddess is correct now as got access via PC via router using FPT

fintannl
28-08-11, 15:59
silverfox, not sure i agree. after reinstall of vix, and initialize of network got this same error message (3 days ago). the same problems i also had after i completed the installation. local internet was working fine on all computers but had problems with vu+ communications. as said reboot of router solved problem. i should have taken a copy of the router log before i rebooted it but never thought to do so

silverfox0786
29-08-11, 23:26
silverfox, not sure i agree. after reinstall of vix, and initialize of network got this same error message (3 days ago). the same problems i also had after i completed the installation. local internet was working fine on all computers but had problems with vu+ communications. as said reboot of router solved problem. i should have taken a copy of the router log before i rebooted it but never thought to do so

this is a screen seen by us beta testers from VIX 2.1 and its a network error where for what ever reason the box cannot communicate with the VIX server just press exit and get out of it

even now beta testing 2.3 i get this error message and as you say it can be a number of things

possibly the box, network cable, networkj init times or the router

most of the times its my own router does not parse the internet to the box quick enough even though an ip has been assigned

fintannl
30-08-11, 05:12
thanks silverfox. all i would like to point out is that there is a resolution to the issue in case users come across similar

silverfox0786
30-08-11, 08:54
thanks silverfox. all i would like to point out is that there is a resolution to the issue in case users come across similar

just press exit and exit out

and possibly check your internet connection just to make sure there is no error

other wise all is ok