PDA

View Full Version : Dish ?

bjolly
21-08-11, 21:19
Have just ordered a vu+ duo from the site sponsors :thumbsup: and all excited went out to check my motorised dish and found it is broken (I carry it around in my caravan) I think it is a orbital 1m dish and the lnb holder part is broken. Can you get spares ? would I be better off getting a newer dish and if so what would you recommend ? a smaller one with more gain would be great - less to carry around etc.

basilyoung
21-08-11, 22:26
dependant on where you travel, and what sats you want to watch, for caravans, there are some really nice, small enclosed dishes, 1 mtr dish, would have thought that was a bit on the large size really

baz

silverfox0786
22-08-11, 00:06
please check the forum sponsor he sells orbital and may be able to get what u need

or buy a new dish his prices are smashing

world-of-satellite.co.uk
22-08-11, 06:34
Trying to get spares for Orbital dishes can be a bit hard i'm afraid.

We have Technomate Solid and Mesh dishes starting from £29 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satallite-Dishes/Technomate-Satellite-Dishes

Btw thank you for your VU+ Duo order ;)

bjolly
22-08-11, 11:50
Thanks for your replies,

I would like a lightweight dish that is good for most areas and sats thor, astra etc. not sure I need a 1m though it is a bit large ! (might blow caravan away) it would be nice if it can be mounted/dismounted easily and the arm folds or unclips with wingnuts. My current dish is rusting around the edge and bits of coating are flaking off the outside rim. NOTE I am not sure if this is an Orbital dish and do not wish to malign them in any way. It has had a hard life in and out of the caravan etc. so this is to be expected.

Do you have a better option ?

pooface
22-08-11, 12:06
For most sats, you would easily get away with an 80cm dish, and possibly a 60cm... Just depends on which sats you are after, and which beams on those sats...