PDA

View Full Version : Help box keeps crashing when exiting the epg

azza2004
21-08-11, 16:40
Hi,

I've only just recently purchased a VU + Duo and have it set up with everything working the way I want. However there is one slight problem in that the box sometimes crashes when exiting the epg and I'm not sure what is casuing it. I Have reflashed the unit and started from stractch but it still happens. I'm thinking maybe it is the hard drive brand 750 Seagate SATA2 ST3750640AS. though it seems to work fine at all other times in that I can record and do all the other pvr functions. I have attached a usb stick which have the picons installed. When checking through the epg menu it now seems that it also stores its data to the usb stick. I have attached two error logs. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Many thanksit10064

silverfox0786
23-08-11, 00:28
im not brilliant with crash logs but first i can see your scan had error and then PTS is not saving or writing properly then your EPG is not exiting to a known channel and crashing

what have you mounted yr hdd and usb as

and how is the epg menu setup

azza2004
23-08-11, 17:15
Thanks for looking

I have done a fresh install and completed the initial setup. Once all the channels are scaned (28.2 only) ive ftp'ed a custom bouquet over to the box. My picons are installed on the usb.

Usb is mounted as media/usb
hard drive is mounted as media/usb

I havent changed any items in the crossepg menu so at the moment it is showing only now and next for the channels. What is the PTS?

Do you think the model of the hard drive/usb is causing the problem

Thanks

punisher
23-08-11, 18:22
your usb needs to be mounted as media/usb and your hdd needs to be mounted as media/hdd
PTS = Permanent Time Shift, it allows you to pause and rewind live tv like Sky+ or V+ box

azza2004
23-08-11, 20:28
sorry slight misake in m last post my hard drive and usb are mounted as you've mentioned.

I'm going to try another drive to see if that helps

what providers should I use for my epg?

punisher
23-08-11, 22:21
depends what satellite you want to use. for sky uk i use CrossEPG and then OpenTV Sky UK

azza2004
24-08-11, 00:07
Thanks.

I've pinned this down I think. If I am watching a movie for example sky movies and press the epg the bouquet menu appears. If I choose movies I can search the epg and exit when finished. I am then returned to the channel I was watching. Even if I previewed other channels in the list.

The problem arises when I am watching a movie for example, say sky movies and press the epg the bouquets menu appears and this time I choose sports. I can now search the epg for sports related stuff. When I press exit from here it either crashes or goes to the first channel in the bouquet I was viewing in the epg. In this instance it would be sky sports.

It does this all the time. If I go into the epg via the bouquet menu and choose a different bouquet to the one I am current watching and then exit it, it will crash the box.

This is where the problem lies. Is this a bug?. Should it not always return to the channel I was watching prior to entering the epg. By the way I'm talking about the graphical 7 day epg with the preview window.

I'd really like to get this sorted as I like this firmware compared to the others but this is the only thing not working correctly.

I've turned off the time shift and this seems to have prevented it for the moment as it has only happened once in the last hour.

Thanks for all your help