PDA

View Full Version : conax cam

silky
21-08-11, 13:46
Hi Guys,

I have a smit conax cam, can I use this on my vu+duo?

and if so is it just plug and play?

Im using vix latest image.

Cheers

silky.

Larry-G
21-08-11, 13:50
it should work fine and yes it is plug and play. i my self have a conax cam that works fine with the Vu+Uno. also for the record as far as i am aware the Vu receivers have a conax cam built in to the bottom slot

silky
21-08-11, 13:55
Thanks for the reply,

Quick and may sound daft question, smit conax cam, chip facing up or down?

Thanks

Larry-G
21-08-11, 14:00
It's the same for all CAM units. card goes in with chip facing up.

silky
21-08-11, 14:31
working a treat, thanks :)

Larry-G
21-08-11, 14:46
working a treat, thanks :)

no worries, it's nice to see people still using hardware cams they way they were intended.

DrProzac
21-08-11, 16:34
I just tried a CONAX Card in the VU+ with the origianl image and it doesn't seem to work.

Not sure if it should detect the card or something, or if there is anything needed to be started, but I can't get it working either way!
Was just experimenting, and I failed.

Back to OScam

silky
21-08-11, 17:02
I just tried a CONAX Card in the VU+ with the origianl image and it doesn't seem to work.

Not sure if it should detect the card or something, or if there is anything needed to be started, but I can't get it working either way!
Was just experimenting, and I failed.

Back to OScam

Hi,

All I did was push the cam into top ci slot and went to tring channel, the image then flashed up a mesage no card inserted, I pushed the card in the cam and 5 seconds later the picture appeared.

Thats all I did mate and it worked!

silky.

Larry-G
21-08-11, 17:18
Hi,

All I did was push the cam into top ci slot and went to tring channel, the image then flashed up a mesage no card inserted, I pushed the card in the cam and 5 seconds later the picture appeared.

Thats all I did mate and it worked!

silky.

no he meant he tried the card in one of the inbuilt card slots not a cam. CAM's are by nature plug and play with a few exceptions like the diablo / t-rex cams etc.

silky
21-08-11, 18:07
no he meant he tried the card in one of the inbuilt card slots not a cam. CAM's are by nature plug and play with a few exceptions like the diablo / t-rex cams etc.

ah yea, re-read his post and realised he meant the vu+ card slot, for reference though it didnt work for me in the vu+ card slot hence the cam.

Cheers.