PDA

View Full Version : 3D FTA channels

barrykap
19-08-11, 11:04
Hi

I am thinking of getting a 3D adaptor box for my projector. To justify it I obviously would like to see more FTA 3D channels. I can only find four 'DEMO' type channels (23.5E nad 9E) at the moment. Would there be any more FTA 3D channels arriving in the near future do you know?

Cheers.

Barry.

Stanman
19-08-11, 18:40
I dont think there will be many FTA 3D channels, just have to look at the move to HD to see its unlikely, paid 3D very likely but sadly not FTA/V

barrykap
19-08-11, 20:47
I dont think there will be many FTA 3D channels, just have to look at the move to HD to see its unlikely, paid 3D very likely but sadly not FTA/V

Yes, more or less what I feared really.

So not worth the expense of upgrading my proj then.

I do have a Blu-ray player though. Will the 3-D stuff on DVD's (which could get from Lovefilm) be playable on that do you know? It's a Panasonic DMR-BS750.

Just trying to justify the upgrade.

Cheers.

Barry

silverfox0786
19-08-11, 22:06
3d thats free is all demo and promo

tbh i got 3dtv and 3d bluray and its brill

u dont just need tv to watch 3d

bluray is brill and a way to go too

barrykap
20-08-11, 10:30
Thanks.

So my Panny Blu-Ray recorder will play 3D DVD's then?

Cheers

Barry

silverfox0786
20-08-11, 21:38
Thanks.

So my Panny Blu-Ray recorder will play 3D DVD's then?

Cheers

Barry

No it has to be a dedicated 3D blueray player

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

barrykap
21-08-11, 08:48
No it has to be a dedicated 3D blueray player

---

Thanks.

Seems this 3D 'lark' is a toy-thing for the filthy rich. No-one in their right mind would splash out the amount of money needed for equipment for material that is scarce or non-existent FTA, unless they of course splash out even more to people like Murdoch to supply you with 3D adverts :-)

Yours in poverty,

Barry

DrProzac
21-08-11, 08:53
Yes I know what you mean.

If I wanted to go the 3D way,

I'd need new Blu-Ray Player (if I wanted to watch the films on Disc) (but I've heard a PS3 also works with 3D now?)
New AMP as mine won't pass through 3D
Upgrade to Sky World (or whatever it's called now) to get a 3D Channel.
New TV to watch it on.

Would love to get it all, but don't think I could justify the expense.

Larry-G
21-08-11, 10:40
Thanks.

Seems this 3D 'lark' is a toy-thing for the filthy rich. No-one in their right mind would splash out the amount of money needed for equipment for material that is scarce or non-existent FTA, unless they of course splash out even more to people like Murdoch to supply you with 3D adverts :-)

Yours in poverty,

Barry

early adopters to new tech are always the ones to pay the most. same with every new bit of tech from the humble DVD player and up.

silverfox0786
21-08-11, 11:41
Guys it's not as bad as you say yes ps3 is 3D bluray capable

As for me I have the full works
My tv is a philips I payed £1399 for it on sale it's 52inch an I got for free as part of the sale bundle 2 pairs of glasses and a 3D blueray player

So bargains can be had still

:D

---

Maxwell
21-08-11, 13:16
I have also just gone down the 3D route:

Paid £1399 for 59" Samsung TV with 2 pairs of active glasses and 3D bluray player plus Megamind 3D bluray and a 5 year warranty, already have a PS3 which is 3D ready, bought 2 extra pairs of glasses one at £50 and a pair of the next model up for £80, so as Silverfox said there are bargains to be had.

As for the 3D itself I find it really good and the Mrs and kids love it, there is also the ability to convert from 2D to 3D which is also quite good but I find it best on a full HD source.
I have not had to replace any of my cables as I dont need the Audio Return Channel in a HDMI 1.4 cable and everything is fine.

Purely for experimental purposes you understand :rolleyes: I went to certain HD adult channels at 13E and switched on the 2D -> 3D conversion which worked very well but it was a bit disconcerting finding certain bits of anatomy waving round the room :eek: