PDA

View Full Version : Recording File Sample From TM-5402 HD

The Bishop
18-08-11, 20:20
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a TM-5402-HD receiver and would like to know if the recording file format (*.ts) is OK to import into some video editiing applications that I use. Would anyone please be able to record a two or three minute SD satellite transmission and email it to me so that I can test if my video editing applications can open the file.

The general recording file format for satellite receivers is *.ts file format but there seem to be internal file differences depending on the make of receiver hence my wish to make sure before committing to a purchase.

The Bishop

digi247
19-08-11, 00:43
Hi The Bishop,

i dont actually own a 5402 anymore but when i did i remember the recording file format was a .trp extension and not .ts, the .trp extension is apparently an adaptive form of MPEG2 from what i have read.

hope this helps

The Bishop
19-08-11, 09:04
Hi The Bishop,

i dont actually own a 5402 anymore but when i did i remember the recording file format was a .trp extension and not .ts, the .trp extension is apparently an adaptive form of MPEG2 from what i have read.

hope this helps

digi247,

Yes, it really does help. If I recall correctly that was also the format used by the TM6900 Super HD. I need to see if I can get one of those files now to test it with my video editing applications.

If anone could please record a 2 minute clip with a TM-6900HD or a TM-5402 HD receiver and email it to me I would be most grateful.

The Bishop

ozzie11
20-08-11, 10:48
If anone could please record a 2 minute clip with a TM-6900HD or a TM-5402 HD receiver and email it to me I would be most grateful.

Hi The Bishop, I will Email you a clip, (made on 5402) of HD .trp if someone could show me how to attach it to WOS email . I have been trying for weeks to find a decent convertion prog for these files, they contain indexing data to enable 1.99gb chunks to play continuously, rather like a VOB file on a DVD. If the 5402 could use an NTFS drive, we would have no probs.........

Stanman
20-08-11, 11:26
Upload it to a free file hosting site and email the link to him.

The Bishop
20-08-11, 13:13
Hi The Bishop, I will Email you a clip, (made on 5402) of HD .trp .........

ozzie,

If you could upload a clip from a TM-5402-HD to one of the file sharing sites that would be very useful, all I need is the *.trp file and none of the other associated files that are created. If you can send a file I can test it out with Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas Pro both of which have decent re-encoder functionality built into them.

The Bishop

ozzie11
21-08-11, 14:23
Have done
OZZ

The Bishop
22-08-11, 10:49
Have done
OZZ

Link ?

The Bishop

ozzie11
23-08-11, 13:53
I have Emailed it to you:-))

The Bishop
23-08-11, 17:08
I have Emailed it to you:-))

ozzie,

Got the link OK, will have a look at it with some of the Adobe programs and Sony Vegas and let you know how I get on. I also have some other encoders that I can try with it

Many thanks for taking the time to record and upload the file, it is most appreciated

ozzie11
23-08-11, 17:42
@ The Bishop......You are welcome friend, I would like to know how you get on!! I use my humble Pinnacle 14 for AVCHD etc editing etc from camera, but it wont even look at trp! I read somewhere that Technomate recommend " Wondershare Video Converter Platinum, but have today tried it and cannot stop very slight stutter every dozen or so frames. Back to the drawing board.!

I eagerly await your results!

OZZ

The Bishop
02-09-11, 20:12
ozzie,

Not much luck I am afraid, I tried to open the file with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 which is a fairly powerful video editor and it did not recognise the file. I will try it with Sony Vegas Pro to see if that works and get back to you.

The Bishop

digidude
02-09-11, 21:22
this may help you out m8

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/304193-Best-Free-App-for-TRP-to-MPEG-format-Batch-Conversion

ozzie11
03-09-11, 19:53
Thanks DD for that link( I had seen that thread B4 ) The probs come with HDtrp files. They are (as is expected!) much bigger , so to go on Fat32 drive, they are split into 1.99gb chunks. associated files(idx etc) give continuous playback. But not outside the TM receiver!! It is not easy to play back an HD.trp file , let alone edit it!. Hence the need to convert it before doing so.

Its a problem that TM must know about,can we ask them( I could if I could log onto a certain forum!!) wink wink say no more

OZZ

digidude
03-09-11, 21:46
it looks like youve trawled most of the forums and conversion sites m8, may be worth emailing them directly

info@technomate.com

you may not get an instant reply, but their aftersales and support, no matter where you initially purchased their product from, cannot be beaten. i dont know of any other manufacturer who goes the extra mile like they do

digidude
09-09-11, 18:02
just founf this on the tmechnomate download center m8

For linux users: Avidemux 2.6.0 experimental is now able to load .TRP (SD/HD) append the 001, 022, ... parts and save the end result to .TS, understood by most players like VLC and DLNA.
This is not for novice users, a little time investment is needed. svn download and compile on your computer.
Don't know if Win32/64 branch follows linux branch, and have no interest in finding out: just dumped windows all together for ubuntu 11.04. Don't like M$ controlling my computer and saved media.

more info found on http://www.avidemux.org/
Wiki: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=feedback&num=286

ozzie11
09-09-11, 20:07
Thanks DD, will study it and try( I am not a linux man- but will try the MS version.) Given up on DW now..............

OZZ

mistralws
26-12-11, 03:44
I use Aiseesoft Total Media Converter
for the normal and HD recordings
i didn't have any problems with it

dimplenerd
16-02-12, 13:27
have you considered converting those files to another format? i, for example am using audials moviebox for converting files and it works with ts files as well; it's true, I paid for it cause it does some other things as well besides converting, but I am sure there must be other converters out there that are able to convert ts files. (http://audials.com/en/s/converter_conversion/video/convert_ts_to_mp4.html)