PDA

View Full Version : How to mount NAS drive

KMDTHY
18-08-11, 16:33
Hi.

i tried to mount my NAS drive several times now, without any luck.

I works fine by smb on my MacBook Pro. I have enable NFS WebDAV and so on.

Someone in here that can guide me ? It is a Synology 410

Thanks

Stanman
18-08-11, 18:49
Which image are you using?

KMDTHY
18-08-11, 18:51
Which image are you using?
DOH! Sorry.:rolleyes:

openPLi

Tried using the Mount manager.... nut it wont connect.....

Stanman
18-08-11, 18:56
Sorry mate cant help you with that as only use VIX. Is there a networkbrowser in PLI? if so try that and see if it shows your NAS, best to mount it as NFS.

I have a netgear DUO mounted a breeze in VIX.

KMDTHY
18-08-11, 20:17
Sorry mate cant help you with that as only use VIX. Is there a networkbrowser in PLI? if so try that and see if it shows your NAS, best to mount it as NFS.

I have a netgear DUO mounted a breeze in VIX.

Maybe i should try VIX image. Will go for NFS, thanks. :D

xarqi
18-08-11, 22:41
In the mount manager (not sure of the order):
Add a new mount.
Use CIFS as the protocol.
Put the IP address of the server in.
Enable the mount point.
Put in the share name (as defined by the server).
Give it a local name.
Specify "no" for the "Use as HDD replacement" option.
Provide the appropriate user name and password for the share.

That's it.
Should work.

silverfox0786
20-08-11, 09:40
In the mount manager (not sure of the order):
Add a new mount.
Use CIFS as the protocol.
Put the IP address of the server in.
Enable the mount point.
Put in the share name (as defined by the server).
Give it a local name.
Specify "no" for the "Use as HDD replacement" option.
Provide the appropriate user name and password for the share.

That's it.
Should work.

thats the way i do it and works a treat

make it quicker and simpler use network browser so it scans your local network [if nas not found there then its a network issue on yr side]

i also make sure that i use fstab mount type [but thats only a vix option dont think its on pli]

xarqi
20-08-11, 12:11
Network browser should work, but in my case it doesn't see shared volumes on my iMac, even though it sees it as a server, so I just create the mountpoint 'manually', as above.

silverfox0786
20-08-11, 23:06
Network browser should work, but in my case it doesn't see shared volumes on my iMac, even though it sees it as a server, so I just create the mountpoint 'manually', as above.

have you enabled samba in the vu

xarqi
21-08-11, 01:34
have you enabled samba in the vu
I didn't know that was necessary or even possible! I've not seen any option for that on any menu (this is openPLi, BTW).

What I suspect is that my iMac is not broadcasting the availability of shares in the way that the VU+ is expecting. I'm still using OS X 10.4.11, and Samba support isn't bullet-proof on it.

If I tell the Vu+ the share name and IP address, etc, no problem, but it doesn't "see" it in the network neighbourhood otherwise.

I don't have any trouble accessing files on the VU+ internal drive from my iMac - I see shares called "Configfiles" and "Harddisk" - that's done through Samba too.

I'm happy - everything works, with the odd niggle here and there.

silverfox0786
21-08-11, 02:14
main thing is you got it working

as for the samba thats in VIX image

ViX is based on pli so you get all the benifits [cough cough] of pli plus all the extras and ease of use of VIX

why not try it

xarqi
21-08-11, 06:08
main thing is you got it working
Mine's been going since about day one - let's hope the OP is as successful.

as for the samba thats in VIX image

ViX is based on pli so you get all the benifits [cough cough] of pli plus all the extras and ease of use of VIX

why not try it

Sorry about sidetracking the thread a bit,
I subscribe to the theory that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!".

OpenPLi does pretty much everything I need, does it well, and does it 99.9% reliably. There are a couple of glitches that I've not got to the bottom of (and, sadly, not a lot of help offered over at the openPLi forum), but they are quite minor. From time to time I get a "SID not in PAT" message instead of a recording (say, 1 time in 1000, and it could be the broadcaster for all I know); there's that network browser thing that doesn't cause any problem in practice; there's a glitch with muting state being forgotten; the "mute" icon is giving my plasma screen burn in; and only recently, some weirdness with the image just freezing until I use one of the skip buttons (gone away since I did a restart). A better MP3/FLAC etc player would be nice, but that's a matter of plug-ins, not images I think.

That, and the fact that the importer here who I bought it from said "We've got this thing configured just right for the NZ situation; if you mess around with different images and get into trouble, I can sort it out for you, but it'll cost you $30 and probably take me a week to get around to it."

elzo
26-12-16, 00:21
Gents,
As I just spent considerable time setting all up again after a complete new network setup:
I use a Synology DS411, where under the shared folder you can/have to assign the client's IP address if you want to proceed using NFS.
I followed the instructions mentioned before by xarqi the and the drive shows beautifully, but recording no way..
So on the Gigablue side selected NFS, with "yes" as to "replace HDD". With closing the loop on the shared folder end of the Synology with inserting the GB IP address all works fine. Hope this hells!

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk