PDA

View Full Version : Support for Uno

Merlijn
18-08-11, 07:08
Hi,

I am planning on buying a new Linux receiver. I have been thinking about the Duo, Uno, Dm800hd se and the ET9000.
Is it possible to run the software which is developed for Duo to run on the Uno?I know the images are different but what about the plugins,etc?
This is also one of the reasons I am hesitating to buy a Uno

Kind regards,

Merlijn

Sicilian
18-08-11, 07:22
The ViX image runs the same on all the receivers we support, including the plugins. You wont go wrong with any VU+ or Xtrend receiver, dont forget to checkout our sponsor for your purchase ;)

Merlijn
18-08-11, 08:24
Thanks for the answer.

What would you choose between the Uno and the DM800HD se and why?

Greets

Larry-G
18-08-11, 08:49
i would choose the uno as it's by far the more powerful of the two and more supported, plus you dont have to worry about damaging the Uno by putting a so called clone safe or time-bomed image on it.

Merlijn
18-08-11, 14:43
Alright, I think I am going to start looking at prices for the Uno.

Does anyone also know if the Hauppage HVR900 external usb tuner is supported on the Uno? Would be sweet since I already have one. A dual tuner for the price of one :p

Sicilian
18-08-11, 14:44
Go with the Uno, email the sponsor ;)

theinvoice
18-08-11, 15:07
I agree with Sicillian

That's the best place to get it from. That's where I got my one from and it's the best thing that I have brought in a looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg. Time :trustme:

silverfox0786
18-08-11, 15:12
beleive me WOS is fantastic

MY et9000 was playing up i emailed WOS in the morning and i was given 1 2 1 support till it was fixed and it was fixed at 10pm

all down to a small flashing error on my part but still WOS was there helping me get it sorted

The support is absolutly fantastic

Merlijn
18-08-11, 15:41
But I do not live in the UK so I think its better I order somewhere closer to home

Stanman
18-08-11, 18:55
Alright, I think I am going to start looking at prices for the Uno.

Does anyone also know if the Hauppage HVR900 external usb tuner is supported on the Uno? Would be sweet since I already have one. A dual tuner for the price of one :p
VIX support the WINTV version, google shows HVR900 to be the same layout but to be save this is the one that def works
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-WinTV-NOVA-T-USB-Stick-freeview/dp/B000F8RPQE/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1313690083&sr=1-1

If your in Europe still worth buying from the sponsor, great service and helps to keep the vix team producing the great image it does.