PDA

View Full Version : YeaH got my Uno but need some pointers please ?

satplustv
17-08-11, 15:44
Hello all,

My Uno has arrived and i have flashed the latest Vix Image and imported my channel list and all is working apart from its not reading my Sly Card can someone tell me what i have missed please ?

Thanks

Larry-G
17-08-11, 15:46
you need to install a softcam and configure it accordingly. on another note, ive had a Uno for some months now and i can say you wont be disappointed.

satplustv
17-08-11, 15:50
Can you point me to the correct section on the forum that tells me how to do that please ?

Larry-G
17-08-11, 15:56
just follow this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&highlight=softcams

satplustv
17-08-11, 17:32
Well i thought this was going to be a lot easier than i am finding so far Arrrrrrrrgh !!!!!!

The link above uses FlashFXP which i cannot seem to get working i am used to Dcc can anyone give me an easy idiots guide to load the cam & config file on the Uno using Dcc please ?

I think i have sent the files to the box correctly using Dcc but in the Vix image i cannot find a similar area to the Dreambox where you go into the add ons using the BLUE button is there a different place on the Uno and button ?

Sorry to be a pain but i am getting a headache

satplustv
17-08-11, 17:38
Just on a side note when i do a USB upgrade and turn the box off at the back to reboot it does not seem to want to switch back on for ages is this normal ?

satplustv
17-08-11, 18:35
Hi all,

I have put the Blackhole image on temp and all is working well but i prefer the Vix image so would love some help in resolving my cam issue please !

Is there not a way of downloading from within the image ?

Cheers

SP

belierzz
17-08-11, 20:19
Just like Blackhole VIX doesn't support softcam download within the image. How did you manage to get Blackhole work with CAM? If you figured this out you should also be able to get a softcam work with VIX... I suppose you are in need of cccam from here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5928-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images%20)

punisher
17-08-11, 20:20
I think there are backup images out there for blackhole images with cams pre installed

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 20:25
getting a cam installed manually and to work is a walk in the park

but we here at WOS dont support BH so we wont go into that :zoom:

satplustv
17-08-11, 20:33
The Blackhole Image that i downloaded from the link on this site had the cams pre installed !

Is there not a version of the Vix image that has the same ?

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 20:35
The Blackhole Image that i downloaded from the link on this site had the cams pre installed !

Is there not a version of the Vix image that has the same ?

any version of vix that is not downloaded from a virgin link and installed in virgin state is not supported by us and we cannot give support on it as we do not know what has been done to it before the backup was made

satplustv
17-08-11, 20:36
Just like Blackhole VIX doesn't support softcam download within the image. How did you manage to get Blackhole work with CAM? If you figured this out you should also be able to get a softcam work with VIX... I suppose you are in need of cccam from here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5928-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images%20)

from the link you posted:

"To install simply FTP to /tmp, then install using the IPK installer in the VIX Menu under blue button."

When i tried this i could not find the IPK installer have i maybe done something wrong when i installed the latest Vix image ?

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 20:38
vix menu

install local extensions

satplustv
17-08-11, 21:01
Thanks will have another go in the morning :confused:

Stanman
17-08-11, 21:06
Quicker route to were Silver advised is blue button>vix>install local extensions

Filezilla is another godd ftp app.