PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade ET5000 Bootloader - How ?

stoltenborg
17-08-11, 14:35
I have D/L latest Bootloader.zip file for ET5000, but I am unsure how to upgrade. The .zip file contains 3 files...

In adition, how do I upgrade to the latest drivers, which are NOT packed as .ipk, but contains 4 .ko files ???

Best regards from Jan, Denmark

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 14:37
just flash your box with bootloader

just as you would an image

depending on what image you use the ko files should be preinstalled in image unless its an old image

i beleive pli is all preinstalled

stoltenborg
17-08-11, 14:46
just flash your box with bootloader

just as you would an image

depending on what image you use the ko files should be preinstalled in image unless its an old image

i beleive pli is all preinstalled

Thank you very much for a quick reply :thumbsup:
My plan was to test my ET5000 with latest PLi image (Currently running ViX 2.2). If I read your post correctly, the PLi image 2.1
will hold theese latest ET5000 drivers, or update them via online update ???

Thanx, Jan

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 14:50
Thank you very much for a quick reply :thumbsup:
My plan was to test my ET5000 with latest PLi image (Currently running ViX 2.2). If I read your post correctly, the PLi image 2.1
will hold theese latest ET5000 drivers, or update them via online update ???

Thanx, Jan

yes pli 2.1 should have them preinstalled

Sicilian
17-08-11, 14:51
I'd say the latest build of OpenPLi will have the latest drivers.

Regards the bootloader, flash as Silver stated. The bootloader is backwards compatible with older images, so you will be able to switch back to ViX 2.2 if needed.

stoltenborg
17-08-11, 15:01
My thanx goes to silverfox0786 & Sicillian :thumbsup:. This was an amazing 1. post for help from me. I didn't think the replyes would be so fast :)

Now I look forward to flash my ET5000 with latest bootloader and PLi 2.1 tonight :) I have ViX 2.2 on my ET9000 (and currently on my ET5000), but I would like to see if there are any difference in those images :)

If I don't find the PLi image to be better than ViX, Sicillian has already promised that I can flash back to ViX 2.2 :D

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 15:56
My thanx goes to silverfox0786 & Sicillian :thumbsup:. This was an amazing 1. post for help from me. I didn't think the replyes would be so fast :)

Now I look forward to flash my ET5000 with latest bootloader and PLi 2.1 tonight :) I have ViX 2.2 on my ET9000 (and currently on my ET5000), but I would like to see if there are any difference in those images :)

If I don't find the PLi image to be better than ViX, Sicillian has already promised that I can flash back to ViX 2.2 :D

yeah the bootloader isnt an issue flashing back to 2.2 isnt any probs at all then all you need to do is await 2.3 which will be specially designed for the new boot loader -- comming soon