PDA

View Full Version : flashing problems

steve1978
17-08-11, 08:03
got my uno yesteray, but i cant seem to flash it. i have tried 2 usb sticks both fat32 front usb slot, light comes on on the usb but the box just boots up as normal, any help?

Donnie
17-08-11, 09:44
Make sure you have no other USB devices or storage attached and remember to press channel - button to accept software upgrade.

Larry-G
17-08-11, 09:46
got my uno yesteray, but i cant seem to flash it. i have tried 2 usb sticks both fat32 front usb slot, light comes on on the usb but the box just boots up as normal, any help?

i find my Uno does not like the front USB slot while flashing the box i always use one of the rear slots, also make sure you watch the display of the box as you will be prompted to press the channel - button on the front of the receiver, if you dont do this it will bypass the stick and boot normally.

Sicilian
17-08-11, 10:03
How to flash a VU+ Uno using a USB stick
Quick guide how to flash a VU+ Uno receiver with a USB stick. Tools required are just your favourite image and at least a 128mb memory stick formatted FAT32.

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called uno.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files (4) into that directory.
The 4 files are :
boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
splash_cfe_auto.bin
5. Power off your VU+ Uno.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Uno and follow the on screen instructions.

On Screen Instructions will include press ch- on the Uno [not remote] to initiate flash
This must be done within 10 seconds as i have found or it will boot box as normal
once done it will advise you to remove USB Stick and reboot

steve1978
17-08-11, 10:35
Hmm interesting, the only thing i can think of here is that i have plugged in a wifi dongle to a usb slot in the rear. i will give that another go tonight without that stick in.

is the UNO wifi stick compatible? i have my old linksys stick from my 800.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-08-11, 10:45
Hi Steve, first thank you for your order.

Please rest assured your front USB does work, we performed the FPGA (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9781-Notice-from-Vu-Vu-Uno-firmware-upgrade) upgrade prior to shipping to you using the front USB port.

I'd recommend removing your wifi dongle whilst flashing, some are compatible, some aren't. Depends on the chipset within your linksys wifi stick.

If you've loaded the flash files correctly to USB stick, the receiver should recongnise this and you should get a message on the front screen to press CH- in order to flash.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

steve1978
17-08-11, 18:28
thanks very much for the help. ok i have everything disconnected from the uno except, power, hdmi, coax.

I have downloaded the files opened the zip up and copied the contects to my usb stick (i have a lexar and a non brand, both work on my duo)

USB stick looks like this
G:\vuplus\uno in the uno folder i have the 4 files.

light comes on on front of usb stick box says starting then changes to vu uno. thats it.

is there any other method of flashing?

good news just tried my oldest toshiba usb stick and it worked!! bingo

Larry-G
17-08-11, 18:34
did you fully power down the receiver then restart it after waiting 30 seconds or did you just do a reboot via the receiver ?

i know my Uno is a little fussy about the sticks it will flash with. for example i use a 16gb blade cruzer to flash the box and store backups, i also use a duracell 16 b stick for picons and epg data but i cant flash the receiver with that stick.

andyblac
20-08-11, 10:23
thanks very much for the help. ok i have everything disconnected from the uno except, power, hdmi, coax.

I have downloaded the files opened the zip up and copied the contects to my usb stick (i have a lexar and a non brand, both work on my duo)

USB stick looks like this
G:\vuplus\uno in the uno folder i have the 4 files.

light comes on on front of usb stick box says starting then changes to vu uno. thats it.

is there any other method of flashing?

good news just tried my oldest toshiba usb stick and it worked!! bingo

glad you got it sorted

Andy.

satplustv
20-08-11, 10:53
I found the Uno flashing very easy and i have played with 2 or 3 images so far and had no issues loading them at all, i too use a scandisk CRUZER so maybe thats the answer if anyone is having flashing problems !

The Uno is so easy to program and flash compared with my old DM800 which had all sorts of issues and was an absolute nightmare to flash.