PDA

View Full Version : ftp picons to usb stick

pazza07
16-08-11, 17:18
Hi, i've downloaded a picon list, i've created a folder in the root of my usb stick calling it PICON. i have ftp the picon list to this folder via
media/front usb but still i have no picons. anyone know where i'm going wrong or is it a known issue with this reciever ?

punisher
16-08-11, 17:36
Should be /picon and did you restart after ftping them?

pazza07
16-08-11, 17:44
Should be /picon and did you restart after ftping them?
I have renamed the file /picon and restarted but still no picons

digidude
16-08-11, 18:16
the tm800 (depending on what image you use) does not map out storage media correctly. enigma expects picons to be in hdd/picon, usb/picon or on internal flash, the tm800 maps drives to media/front-disk, which without setting up links, enigma does not recognise for picon, epg storage, etc

pazza07
16-08-11, 18:25
the tm800 (depending on what image you use) does not map out storage media correctly. enigma expects picons to be in hdd/picon, usb/picon or on internal flash, the tm800 maps drives to media/front-disk, which without setting up links, enigma does not recognise for picon, epg storage, etc
So plain and simply they don't work until a fix is made ?

Rat
17-08-11, 11:40
do you have a internal drive using the usb front socket adaptor ?

use a mem stick in the rear to store picons /media/rear-disk
will end up looking like /media/rear-disk/picon when picon folder is added
this way works for me

:)

Sicilian
17-08-11, 11:46
This method works for me /media/rear-disk/picon using latest IQ or WOS version of this image.

pazza07
17-08-11, 15:48
Thanks, I will try later and let you know how I get on.

pazza07
17-08-11, 19:42
Hi again, done what you suggested but still nothing, i don't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Rat
18-08-11, 10:31
put all picons in a folder called picon
insert usb storage into rear usb
press usb on remote and format rear usb storage device and exit all on screen

open ftp client
navigate to /media/rear-disk
then drag/transfer the picon "folder" to that directory
wait until finished
reboot box
flick up and down channels to see picon in info bar

Ive just had a thought ! you are using a skin that supports picons arnt you ?

pazza07
18-08-11, 16:29

open ftp client
wait until finished
reboot box

Ive just had a thought ! you are using a skin that supports picons arnt you ?
Thanks rat, i've done that but still no picons, i'm using DMconcinnity-HD skin, i'm not sure if it does support picons, are you ?

Sicilian
18-08-11, 16:31
Thanks rat, i've done that but still no picons, i'm using DMconcinnity-HD skin, i'm not sure if it does support picons, are you ?

I'm almost 100% sure sure that doesn't.

pazza07
18-08-11, 16:33
I'm almost 100% sure sure that doesn't.
I'll try another skin, do you know which 100% does ?

Sicilian
18-08-11, 16:36
I'll try another skin, do you which 100% does ?

Which image are you using? Latest IQ or WOS modified IQ image? The defualt skin that is installed does.

pazza07
18-08-11, 16:44
Which image are you using? Latest IQ or WOS modified IQ image? The defualt skin that is installed does.
I'm using the latest WOS modded IQ image and i've just changed it back to the default skin ( vali-XD ) rebooted, and yes you've guessed it, nothing. I am really considering just leaving it, but once i start something i want to get it to work.

Sicilian
18-08-11, 16:46
What picons are you using? Are they named by service ref's? Also what settings/bouqets are you using?

pazza07
18-08-11, 16:51
What picons are you using? Are they named by service ref's? Also what settings/bouqets are you using?
I'm using catseyes motorised settings and downloaded ViX Team ALICE Picons For UK Channels [28.2E and DTT] By Silverfox0786 HD.

Sicilian
18-08-11, 16:54
I'll have to take a look, last time I test all worked ok, see here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9954-World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition-31-07-11-lean-and-fast!

I'll test over next day or two an let you know results.

Rat
19-08-11, 15:39

DMconcinnity-HD does support picons mate as thats what Im using myself

well only other thing I can tink of is the usb stick and TM800 dont agree with each other lol
have you got another you can try mate ?

Im still thinking though ;)

pazza07
19-08-11, 18:04
DMconcinnity-HD does support picons mate as thats what Im using myself

well only other thing I can tink of is the usb stick and TM800 dont agree with each other lol
have you got another you can try mate ?

Im still thinking though ;)
Thanks again rat, but it's the same USB stick i use to flash images with so it must be ok

pazza07
20-08-11, 11:36
Just an update, i tried a different picon pack, FlipFlop, but with the same results, no picons.

Rat
20-08-11, 12:29

open ftp client
wait until finished
reboot box

that should work if you do it to the letter mate :confused:
can you post step by step what you are doing i mean everything
something somewhere aint quite right (obviously) lol

do you use a internal drive as well ? or is rear disk the recording disk too ? press USB on remote and see what drives are showing

pazza07
21-08-11, 08:11
Right, i created a folder and named it picon, on root of USB stick and placed it into the rear USB port. Then downloaded a picon list and ftp'd it to picon folder i created, media/rear-disk/picon re-booted reciever, i believe that's right, obviously not :confused:
I don't have an internal drive and i use the front USB port to record via a external HDD.

punisher
21-08-11, 08:28
Just to confirm ur ftping all the image files into that picon folder and not just another folder into the picon folder?

pazza07
21-08-11, 08:42
Just to confirm ur ftping all the image files into that picon folder and not just another folder into the picon folder?
Yes mate, when i ftp the image files it takes about 5 minutes, is that about right?

punisher
21-08-11, 08:58
Yeh that sounds about right. U got a screenshot of your picon folder via the ftp? Just upload the screenshot here

pazza07
21-08-11, 09:25
Yeh that sounds about right. U got a screenshot of your picon folder via the ftp? Just upload the screenshot here
Currently this is showing that i'm trying the front USB port, does this look correct, thanks

punisher
21-08-11, 09:30
Can u use filezilla instead of dcc. Also i can barely read anything on that screenshot. If your usb is in the back and its showing as front usb then something is wrong. Try filezilla and follow the steps mentioned above by the guys

Sicilian
21-08-11, 09:33
Have you used an uppercase P in the name of the picon folder? If so try a lowercase p. Not sure if it makes any difference.

pazza07
21-08-11, 09:44
Yes it was upper, i've now changed to lower.

pazza07
21-08-11, 09:46
Can u use filezilla instead of dcc. Also i can barely read anything on that screenshot. If your usb is in the back and its showing as front usb then something is wrong. Try filezilla and follow the steps mentioned above by the guys
Misunderstanding sorry, i have put the usb stick in the front to see if that worked.

punisher
21-08-11, 09:52
Which channel lists are you using?

pazza07
21-08-11, 09:54
Which channel lists are you using?
Catseyes motorised settings

Sicilian
21-08-11, 10:04
Tested all working as they should in rear usb port usb stick using Sitcker picons for 28.2 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10365-Sticker-Picons-by-ferguson33-HD-3D-(100x60)

Path is /media/rear-disk/picon

pazza07
21-08-11, 10:09
Tested all working as they should in rear usb port usb stick using Sitcker picons for 28.2 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10365-Sticker-Picons-by-ferguson33-HD-3D-%28100x60%29
GOOD NEWS :) i went back to scratch, deleted all files and started again, using filezilla and rear usb port and BINGO picons. A massive thank you to all who've helped me do this, especially sicilian and punisher.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup:

punisher
21-08-11, 10:17
i think DCC is bad news lol so many problems when using the ftp.

Larry-G
21-08-11, 10:56
i think DCC is bad news lol so many problems when using the ftp.

it's so poor it actually causes more problems than it resolves.

pazza07
21-08-11, 12:41
it's so poor it actually causes more problems than it resolves.

I think i'll use filezilla from now on, thanks again