PDA

View Full Version : How to record from one tuner whilst watching on the other

Foxylady
15-08-11, 17:49
Today i fitted for first time a sky dish and without any meters being used , i know not a biggie but hey it is to me :D
Anyway i have a motorished already which i have been using as normal and still want to on tuner A.
I fitted new dish today and conencted it to tuner B on the duo and now can only seem to view tuner b and not get back onto tuner a.
I want to watch my programs on tuner a aka the motorised and record only from tuner b.
How do i get to view channels on tuner a and then be able to select programs form tuner b to record.
Thank you :thumbsup:

fs1
15-08-11, 19:34
Today i fitted for first time a sky dish and without any meters being used , i know not a biggie but hey it is to me :D
Anyway i have a motorished already which i have been using as normal and still want to on tuner A.
I fitted new dish today and conencted it to tuner B on the duo and now can only seem to view tuner b and not get back onto tuner a.
I want to watch my programs on tuner a aka the motorised and record only from tuner b.
How do i get to view channels on tuner a and then be able to select programs form tuner b to record.
Thank you :thumbsup:

hi foxylady

got my vu+duo about 8 months ago. i use a motorised dish on tuner A and sly dish on tuner B. i have always had/have issues only with VTI image with this set up. initially tuner b is not recognised but after checking tuner config in settings it seems to revert to Astra 19e instead of 28e. i disconnected sly re send settings to box via dreamset software and reboot box. initially tuner A shows sly channels but when i reconnect sly dish to tuner B it auto switches leaving tuner A to use all other sats from motorised dish.

Vix Duo is a great image and i find that i have non of the above issues when used.

regards
fs1

Foxylady
15-08-11, 20:07
Had mine for nearly a year, always used the vix images myself.
This is first time of using the recording without suffering from only able to watch certain channels on same transponder as program i am recording.
I have been playing and it operates very well, doesn't matter what want to watch and record at same time different channels, seems the duo organising this operating with ease.
I am playing with it now, flicking over to other sats whilst recording and seems that the duo uses tuner B as main tuner.
Doesn't matter as i have excellent signal also on this, aslong as i can record and wife watch her stuff happy days.
Think it's an hats off to the team behind the image for excellent ease of use.
Thanks for your reply fella and again to the makers of vix images

Braggster
16-08-11, 09:15
Still not sure if you have sorted this out m8 but tonight when im home will catch you on msn and give the settings im using so you cant wrong, laters bud :)

Foxylady
16-08-11, 10:14
Cheers ed, i have sorted it bud, was just getting used to how it works.
Done approx 15 recordings lol and the box does the rest, all good :thumbsup: