PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Virgin - Help Please

satplustv
15-08-11, 17:06
Hello all,

I am a complete virgin as far as VU+ receivers go and have a very limited knowledge about DM receivers !

I have purchased a VU+ UNO receiver that should be arriving on Thursday and need some support please if anyone has the time and experience to help me.

OK, this is what i am looking for:

To start with i will be using an official Sly card in the receiver and have been told that only certain cams / images support complete 100% channel compatibility can anyone advise which ones are best and how i set them up ?

TV Guide i have ordered a 500GB HD to install internaly (hopefuly its easy to do) and need to know how to set up the full EPG on my Uno ?

Think thats it for now unless of course anyone thinks i need to know anything else important before starting to set up my new baby ?

Many Thanks

Stanman
15-08-11, 18:29
The cams can be downloaded from here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

Do you have premium channels if not do a search of the forum and google will give you the info you need.

As for EPG, install the vix image and CROSSEPG with opentv enabled will give you full 7 days guide.

If you get stuck post and some one will help you out.

Sorry cant help with HDD install

satplustv
15-08-11, 18:47
Hello and thanks,

I have the Full sly package and have been told that a few channels will not open with certain cams and that if i use the right combination of image / cam i will be able to view everything ?

Larry-G
15-08-11, 18:49
oscam is the only one that can open all channels on your card as the others will no longer open pick tv ( used to be sky 3 )

satplustv
15-08-11, 18:52
Is it just simply a case of installing it or do i have to tweek some settings once installed ?

Thanks

Stanman
15-08-11, 18:58
You need to install Oscam and than set up a couple of files.

Have a read here
http://streamboard.gmc.to/wiki/index.php/OSCam/en